Outlandish Academy

Mornings in the Boiling Isles always had an eccentric start, but they were the norm in the fantastical world of the Demon Realm.

        The night were mostly quiet, unless you included the nocturnal creatures and demons of sorts bustling about every so often. But as soon as the crack of dawn peered over the horizon, that was the signal for every resident of the Boiling Isles to arise from their sleep and make preparations for the day ahead of them.

        Each and every one of them had a unique morning routine befitting for their nature, be it witch, demon, or a mix of both.

        However, for the residents of the Owl House and their enigmatic companion who comes by every now and then, they had a...bit of an exception on this particular morning.

        "Well, girls..." Eda began, a beaming grin on her features as she placed her hands on her hips and gazed up at something with pure awe in her golden eyes. Both Luz and Danica were standing besides her while King stood on her opposite side, following her gaze with matching stunned expressions on their faces. The Owl Lady playfully nudged Luz as she maintained her grin before gesturing before them. "Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?"

        Indeed, laying right before their eyes on the shores they stood upon and looming over their figures with its dominating size was...

.

.

.

...the rotting carcass of a humongous slug with leech-like characteristics, surrounded by piles of sludge and decaying garbage with flies buzzing eagerly around it.

.

.

.

        "...I certainly find my breath being stolen right now." Danica dryly deadpanned with a grimace, pure disgust on her features as she gazed up at the horrific sight before her. "For all the wrong reasons."

        Luz slowly shook her head in horror as a grimace was frozen on her features, her nose wrinkled as if to prevent herself from breathing in the putrid scent that wafted all around them. "...I don't like this." Was all she could bluntly say, her eyes glued to the creature's corpse before them.  

        As the human pinched her nose shut and Danica covered her own mouth with her hand to stop herself from vomiting, Eda was unfazed by the revolting situation whatsoever as she shamelessly approached the monster's carcass, apparently unbothered by the revolting stench. "Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug." She beamed, gazing up at its cadaver as if it was a pile of gold. "It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside."

        She paused to give the slug's corpse a sympathetic pat on its feelers and reached over to pick up a rubber chicken that managed to make its way inside its mouth, before tossing it to the side while the others watched. "Until, BLAM!" Eda suddenly spun towards the trio and slammed her fist against her palm with a grin, causing both Luz and Danica to flinch back. "It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt."

        Her grin grew as she held up a pickaxe in each hand out of nowhere and rested them up in the air. "And then we get to sell this stuff it ate." She finished with a chirp before holding the tools out towards the girls, waiting for at least one of them to take one.