Intruder in the Owl House

Luz did not hesitate to rush over to the fallen Eda's side, Danica helping her roll the Owl Lady onto her back as the human's eyes were wide with horror.

        "Oh my gosh." Luz whimpered as she stared at her mentor's unconscious expression with unabashed panic in her eyes. "My obsession with spells knocked out Eda!" Her hands flew to the sides of her head. "I'm a monster!"

        Danica placed a hand on the panicking human's shoulder once more in hopes of calming her down. "Luz, it's okay." She calmly began as she attempted to keep a steady tone in her voice, not wanting to worsen the younger girl's anxiety. "Eda's just – "

        "I should have listened to you, Dani! Why didn't I listen to you?!" Luz wailed, apparently not hearing the violet-haired witch speak in her panic. She abruptly stood up to her feet while holding her head, unknowingly causing Danica's hand to slip off her shoulder. "I should've chosen you to teach me today instead! Not Eda!"

        "Luz – " Alas, because the human was so deep in her own panic, Danica's words fell on deaf ears as she continued to chastise herself. King decided to head on over to Eda's side while the young girl was panicking, blinking down at her fallen figure before suddenly tapping her nose with his paw.

        "Bap!" He chirped, successfully grabbing Luz's attention as she and Danica turned towards him to see him tap Eda's unconscious face. "Yup, she's out." He suddenly gave another light smack on her nose. "Bap! Haha! Just making sure ~ "

        "We should get help, right?!" Luz urgently asked the two as she made a break for the open front door, not wanting to waste any more time. However, before she could take one step out into the canopy...

        She was abruptly halted by King, who had grabbed ahold of her pants with his little paws to stop her from going out into the dangerous weather brewing outside.

        "Boiling rains, remember?!" He reminded her in a panicked tone, alarmed at her rash decision to rush out into the acidic rainstorm without hesitation. 

        "No, let her try." Hooty cheekily piped up, grabbing the trio's attention as he contorted his beak into a mischievous smile. "It'll be funny ~ "

        Both Danica and King narrowed their eyes in matching deadpan expressions, with the former lifting her finger and twirling it in the air to draw a violet spell circle. As soon as she did so, the front door was encased in an ethereal lavender glow before it violently slammed itself shut.

        "OW!" Hooty yelped in agony from the other side, his voice muffled by the door as everybody paid no mind to him whatsoever.

        "King's right, Luz. You don't have any magical protection to go out into the storm like that." Danica stated as she glanced over at the human from where she was by the unconscious Eda's figure. "You're just going to be boiled alive, or worse since you're a human."

        "But what if Eda's dead?!" Luz cried, gesturing towards her still mentor on the floor. 

        As if the teenager's words was her cue, Eda began to mumble to herself as her eyes remained shut. "Shiny thing... Big nest..." She muttered in her sleep before cutting herself off with a loud snore.

        "...she's dead to the world, if that's what you mean." Danica commented, letting out a knowing sigh at the slumbering woman before them. 

        "Remember when her head got cut off last week?" King reminded Luz as he gestured towards Eda with a deadpan expression. "That woman can survive anything. She's probably just tired from staying up all night chasing shrews and voles."