Undying Ambition

Sunlight shone through stained windows that lined stoned walls, almost flooding the extensive hallways that seemed to stretch on for miles and miles with kaleidoscopic light.

        Her feet hit the carpeted floor as she dashed down the halls, her Mary-Jane shoes shining in the light and its warm embrace.

        She had no clear goal on where she was going, but all she knew was that she needed to reach the end of the hallway.

        And indeed, there was someone waiting for her arrival at the corridor's end, their features shrouded by the shadows where the sunlight failed to reach inside. It was difficult to discern their full appearance, but all that could be made out was that they were donning some sort of robe that encompassed their entire being, the fabric a white and brown with a golden trim.

        As soon as she drew closer and closer towards them, a honeyed chuckle echoed in her ears, the sound of a man's voice warmly calling out to her the moment she slowed to an eventual stop before the figure, the familiar sensation of a hopeful grin forming on her features.

"Stardust..."

        A pair of eyes shot open to reveal a gentle sapphire color as Danica awoke with a slight start

        A pair of eyes shot open to reveal a gentle sapphire color as Danica awoke with a slight start. She abruptly sat up and did a brief once-over at her surroundings, recognition flooding her gaze the second she realized that she was currently sitting at the dining table in the Owl House's kitchen. The sun shone brightly through its windows, flooding the room with a comfortable warmth that must've been responsible for her drowsiness in the first place.

        "Huh... Did I doze off making snacks again...?" The princess muttered aloud in thought, glancing beside her to see that there was a plate of peculiar-looking cookies with tiny eyeballs baked in the hard substance on the table. "...I really do need a better sleep schedule."

        Though, she couldn't exactly blame herself for feeling this relaxed for the first time in what felt like ages. Ever since she revealed to her friends about her true identity, a weight she never once realized was there lifted itself off her shoulders. She never knew that she was that anxious about keeping such a secret to herself with only Eda being aware for so long.

        But once everybody officially confirmed that they would keep their lips sealed about the truth and paid little to no mind about the revelation, Danica's daily visits to the Owl House felt significantly more lighthearted than usual now that she no longer had to worry about maintaining such a crucial secret about herself. 

        Her eyes then softened for a split second as remorse flickered within her eyes.

       ...even though she hasn't told them everything just yet.

        The princess promptly shook off any rising emotions that threatened to ruin her mood at the moment. Now wasn't the time to concern herself with such complicated thoughts. Especially the dream she just woke up from after dozing off in the Owl House's kitchen...