Negotiation for Education

It wasn't long before both Eda and Danica found themselves in Bump's office, the two sitting in front of his wide wooden desk with the principal on the other side, regarding them closely with analytic eyes behind his mask. 

        The atmosphere felt heavy to the point where Danica could practically feel the weight on her shoulders, the fact that she had decided to remove her hood since there was no point in concealing herself in front of the witch before them making her feel even more vulnerable. She struggled to ignore Principal Bump's piercing gaze and pretended to pay no mind to it as she took the opportunity to observe their surroundings in a span of a few moments.

        The principal's office mostly contained an array of bookcases aligning all four walls of the room, book collections of every variety in terms of thickness and cover color organized within them. Various trinkets decorated the rest of the room, completed with different-sized banners hung from the high ceiling that sported the school's main colors.

        Her eyes then found themselves trailing downward to land on the desk separating both her and Eda from the witch that sat behind it, silently taking in the variety of objects organized upon its top. What stood out the most was the golden nameplate that read "PRINCIPAL BUMP" in bold lettering, along with a green-colored mug that possessed a bumpy surface and its shape molded into what resembled a monster's mouth with thick violet lips and a blue tongue, its beady eyes at the bottom blinking curiously at the two witches sitting before the desk.

        Eda, either completely oblivious to the tense atmosphere the room seemed to be flooded with or simply used to it (the latter seemed much more plausible), casually snatched up a pen from the various writing utensils contained in the peculiar-looking mug.

        "Been quite awhile since I sat here, huh?" She remarked with an amused smirk, balancing the pencil between her nose and upper lip before proceeding to lean back in her chair so it stood on its back legs. She then steadied herself from falling by nonchalantly resting her feet on the principal's desk and crossing them, pushing the golden nameplate aside as she did so. Her lax approach towards the situation was the exact opposite to the tense young witch beside her, though nobody needed to say a word to point it out.

        Principal Bump's neutral expression didn't so much as twitch, his drooped eyes momentarily flickering down at Eda's feet on his desk. Danica felt herself stiffen in trepidation for his reaction, but the principal simply casted an unimpressed glance at the Owl Lady.

        "I gotta admit, it's extra weird without you yelling at me for picking fights or stealing." Eda commented with a lazy smile, to which the man before them responded with a sigh as he lifted his pointer finger in the air.

        "I can easily change that." He dryly deadpanned, drawing a small spell circle that summoned forth an ethereal emerald glow encompassing his hand. It extended over towards Eda to surround her as well, Principal Bump giving his glowing hand a flick to telekinetically push the Owl Lady backwards and cause her to fall back on the floor with the intention of removing her feet off his desk. The woman let out a yelp of pain and indignance upon impact, Danica wincing in response at the sight. Principal Bump simply ignored her as he maintained the green hue around his hand to brush it over to the right so his nameplate would slide itself back to its original position.

        "What are you doing here, Edalyn?" He interrogated before momentarily glancing at Danica, who was kind enough to reach over from her own chair and help Eda back up after positioning the latter's seat. "And exactly how did you get yourself associated with the princess of all people? I honestly wouldn't have expected anyone to achieve such a feat, let alone you."