Serendipitous Discovery

(A/N: DID ANYBODY SEE THE NEW SNEAK PEEKS FROM THE NYC PANEL?! I'm so hyped to see the show come back after all this time, and also incredibly pissed and devastated that this will be the very last season of this beloved show😭😡 

        Also, it's obvious I'm very far behind on this story to catch up to the specials, so I hope you all will be just as patient for all my updates so I can eventually reach Season 3, even though it's obvious the show will most likely be over by the time I do that😞😢 With that in mind, please enjoy reading!)

        As soon as King made a dash down the hallway after leaving the room, he was unaware of the shadowy figure that slithered above him on the ceiling, making its way towards the bedroom where Luz and Danica were...

        Once the little demon grabbed what he needed, he hurriedly scrambled his way back upstairs to return to Luz and Danica, not wanting to spend another second in the darkness by himself.

        "Wait, wait." King called as he stopped in the open doorway while holding up a pair of books he had grabbed. "First edition or second?"

        As soon as he glanced up from the books to look at his friends, he let out a horrified gasp to see nothing but an empty room awaiting him, not a single sign of their presences anywhere to be seen. "Luz? Dani?!" He anxiously called, only for heavy silence to respond to him. 

        His dread grew as he dropped both of his books on the floor in his shock, one of them opening itself to the pages that detailed the Snaggleback as soon as it landed. "Oh no...the Snaggleback got them!"

        The small demon let out a squeak when he caught the sound of something slithering in the hallway behind him. He glanced behind him at the darkened corridor, a chill running up his spine.

        Despite the icy terror gripping his heart, he hurriedly shook off any thoughts of fear-induced hesitation and rushed out of the bedroom, making a dash in the direction where the creature crawled.

        "You craven beast!" He gritted his teeth as a glare settled in his eyes. "Give me back my boo-boo buddy and snack maker!"

        He did his best to run as fast as he could on his little legs, managing to catch sigh of a shadow that slipped just around the corner ahead of him. As soon as he skidded to a halt so he could turn towards the direction, he let out another gasp when he saw what was in front of him.

        Laying lifelessly on the floor in front of a door that was slowly creaking itself shut...

.

.

.

...was none other than a white loafer next to a golden bracelet.

        King widened his eyes in recognition at the objects, the little demon hesitantly making his way towards them. "Luz... Dani..." He whimpered in dread, horror evident in his eyes as he gently picked up the shoe and accessory in his small paws. No...his friends... Were they actually...

        He glanced up at the closed door before him, hesitation on his features before a determined glare made its way onto his expression. The one who took his friends away was in the room in front of him...and only he can do something about it.

        After taking a deep breath to steel himself, he marched up to the door and creaked it open enough for him to slip in the room as silently as possible. Wielding Luz's shoe in one paw and Danica's bracelet in the other, he cautiously scanned the closet for anything that seemed out of place.