Honorable Duel

Magical energy of azure and gold crackled in the air as Eda and Lilith engaged in their duel. The Owl Lady fired projectiles of flames toward her sister's direction, who effortlessly defended herself by twirling her staff in front of her and dispersing the golden flames with her own. 

        The Emperor's Coven head then drew her staff away and morphed her flaming ring into a single orb of magic, immediately pushing it forward to fire a long stream of light blue fire towards her opponent. 

        Eda stepped back and spun her staff to draw a large golden spell circle beneath her feet, backing away once more just in time to duck down and raise her hand up. As soon as she did so, she conjured up a mighty pillar of earth that burst out from the ground within the spell circle, its size easily dwarfing her opponent as it shielded its creator from the flaming attack. 

        Lilith whipped her head up to see the pillar gradually growing and arching forward to reveal that Hooty's face carved into the top, the sculpture releasing a bellowing hoot that echoed in the air. Gritting her teeth as she glared up at it, she raised her hand to draw a spell circle large enough to engulf her entire being, leaping through it just in time to dodge the sculpture when it slowly charged headfirst towards her. 

        As soon as she did so, she abruptly zipped off to the right as she was momentarily enveloped in azure flames, easily dodging the attack. The sculpture crashed into the walls of the stands after missing its target, the impact sending tremors throughout the stands and debris burned alight with blue flames flying towards the audience. 

        The crowd released screams as they immediately fled from their seats in a panic, making the wise decision to escape before any one of them would be caught in the crossfire of the ensuing battle. The arena now devoid of all bystanders, the two sisters continued their fierce battle against each other, neither one showing any signs of faltering whatsoever. 

        Dashing behind her fallen sculpture, Eda drew a series of golden spell circles lining its sides, twirling along with elegant movements without even a second of slowing her momentum. With each spell circle she drew, smaller copies of her sculpture stretched out from the other side of the pillar where Lilith was. The teal-haired witch quickly drew an azure circle before her to utilize the same spell she used to dodge the last attack, briefly vanishing in a burst of brilliant blue flames. 

        She repeated the same spell to avoid each pillar as they shot towards her one at a time, even halting at some point to smash one to bits with her staff when she was unable to dodge it quick enough. Lilith twirled her staff once more to teleport herself upwards, the witch flying high in the air as she swiped away at the remaining pillars with azure flames. As soon as they were destroyed, she swung her staff downward to dive towards Eda, her teeth bared and eyes narrowed with sheer effort as she empowered her weapon with as much magic as possible. 

        Unfazed by her sister's ruthless attack, the Owl Lady simply smirked as she spun her own staff before her to summon forth a golden forcefield that encompassed her entire being. Gripping her weapon in both hands, she spread her legs apart to absorb the impact as Lilith collided with her forcefield head-on, the sheer force sending magical energy and tremors everywhere. 

        Neither side showed any signs of letting up, both sisters determined to see this battle through. Even when a crack began to form on her forcefield, Eda maintained her challenging smirk as she slid her hand up towards the head of her staff where Owlbert was. 

        Her palisman's eyes flashed gold for a brief moment before he shifted into his animate form: the tiny brown owl with golden eyes and orange feet that Luz had followed into the Boiling Isles. Lilith failed to notice the sudden change until the little owl shot from Eda's staff and barreled into her forehead, catching her off-guard and abruptly halting her attack.