Tarnished Expectations

Some sort of door unfolded itself within the inside of a tent, its unique design looking rather unearthly as it glowed an ethereal gold before opening itself. The little owl with the sack hopped its way through it, followed by Luz a few moments later as she chased after him.

        "Stop adorably hopping away, you – " She cut herself off when she noticed her sudden change of scenery. "...huh?"

        "Welcome to..." Eda began, lifting her hand and snapping her fingers, the sharp sound piercing the air. "The Owl House."

        At the sound of her snap, flames alit on candles' wicks and a golden glow surrounded various household appliances to make them operate themselves (such as a broomstick and a cauldron...even the fireplace started itself!), their light illuminating the entire interior as Luz gasped in pure amazement at what she saw.

        The two were standing in a cozy-looking living room that consisted of the fireplace facing opposite two couches, a low table, various artifacts with Eda's wanted poster decorating a wall, and a glowing artwork of some sort of owl-like creature drawn onto the ceiling. Candles were placed on many shelves, helping light up the entire room as Luz glanced throughout the room.

        Luz was squeezing her eyes shut in terror, tears escaping them as they flew back from the powerful wind blasting in her face. She was clutching her book against her chest as if doing so would give her some form of comfort.

        The girl let out a gasp under her breath in awe to see an entire forest with scarlet-colored trees and a few crystal-clear lakes scattered throughout the land. The massive bone structures she saw earlier were protruding out of the ground, looming over them and dwarfing them in comparison. A flock of monstrous-looking birds casually flew by, barely giving them any attention.

        Luz's eyes shot open as a gasp escaped her lips, promptly awakening from her sleep. She swiftly sat up in her sleeping bag, a bead of sweat rolling down her face. She glanced around her surroundings before her eyes landed on the snoring King at her feet.

        "...it wasn't a dream!!" She cheered, throwing her arms up into the air.

        Everything that happened yesterday was real! She really was in another world! And not just any world... One where magic was the norm!

        A literal dream come true!

        Unable to contain her excitement any longer, Luz quickly hopped out of her sleeping bag and threw open her new bedroom window, calling out into the day with a cheerful grin, "Good morning, terrifying fantasy world ~ !"

.

.

.

.

...only to spot some sort of gigantic, grotesque-looking beast with multiple eyes in the nearby sea, waving a tentacle back at her in greeting.

        "Good morning!" It replied in a gnarly voice before slowly sinking back into the water, leaving only a ripple on the surface as proof of its presence. Luz recoiled in disgust at what she had just seen.

        "Ugh..." she shuddered and swiftly retreated back into her room, making a mental note to forget what just happened.

        The human then walked over to King, scooping up the little demon in her arms, startling him awake as a result. "Good morning, you little cutie-pie ~ !" She cooed affectionately, sprinkling his cheek with kisses.