Reassurance and Resolutions

"After them!"

        Lilith's enraged voice bellowed behind 'Eda' and Danica as they dashed down the now-empty street together, the two eventually skidding into a halt once they were a good distance away to catch their breaths and glance frantically around their surroundings.

        "See any signs of Eda and King?" Luz worriedly questioned with an anxious expression on 'her' features. "Or in this case...me and King...?" 'Her' eyes then lit up with realization as an idea seemed to come to her mind. "Ooh, wait, I've got an idea! Maybe we just need to think from a different angle!" 'Eda' began to suggest as she clutched 'her' staff in 'her' hands. "If I were Eda and Eda is King, where would I be?"

        "...uh, was that supposed to help?" Danica frowned up at 'the Owl Lady' with her brows knitted with confusion at the way she worded her logic. "Because now I'm even more conflicted about escaping this situation."

        "Gah, you're right! This is so confusing!" Luz cried, tightening her hold on the staff. "Bonesborough is a big place! We'll never gonna find them like this!"

        "Well, wherever they are, they can't possibly be in a worse situation than ours!" Danica anxiously glanced around their surroundings once more.

        "Luz! Dani!"

        As if the heavens themselves finally heard their woes and decided to answer them, the two's ears caught the sound of a pair of muffled voices calling out to them somewhere. They simultaneously turned their alarmed gazes towards the direction of said voices, their eyes landing on what appeared to be some sort of house-like building located just a few kilometers away from them.

        The exterior was of a green color, completed with a brown, pointed roof with a slant and white wooden supports. To its left was a small area of soil that was fenced off, where various plants were blossoming, while the right was a tall wall that blocked off the end of the alleyway it was located besides, along with a dumpster. Hanging on the building's green door was a cat-shaped sign that had the word "OPEN" written in white lettering. The top part of the architecture just between the point where the roof was raised had the word "CAFÉ" on it, along with what seemed to be a picture of a creature's round head with a pair of tiny horns, a single eye, and a beak-like mouth. Plastered on the building's large, oval-shaped window that allowed a peek inside was a big pink sign that read "KITTY CAFÉ", indicating the business being carried out within.

        But what really caught their attention was the sight of 'Luz' and 'King' frantically banging their fists and paws against the other side of the window from inside. 'The latter' was dressed in a limbless bee costume completed with a pair of fake antennae stuck to 'his' head, while 'the human' was now donning a light blue shirt for some reason.

        "Luz, bring me my dang body over here!" 'King' hollered with 'his' paws cupped over 'his' mouth, 'his' voice muffled by the glass.

        "...I stand corrected." Danica wryly remarked before promptly shaking off her shock so she and Luz could hastily make their way over towards the café. As soon as they reached the building and halted right before the window where 'Luz' and 'King' were trapped behind, the princess cupped her hands around her eyes and pressed against the glass to get a clear view of the interior. 

        Inside, she caught sight of a pair of elderly witch women conversing with each other a few feet away, most likely the owners of the café imprisoning their friends. They donned similar uniforms that consisted of a pink, sleeveless collared shirt beneath a pink-and-blue striped top with long sleeves, completed with a yellow apron with the café's logo printed on it. The tallest of the two had a head of spiky brown-grey hair with a pair of harmless blue eyes, pale skin and a small birthmark resembling a mole by her chin. Her partner donned a hair net over her head with tufts of brown hair poking out above her forehead, along with a pair of blue glasses with pink rims hiding her eyes. She also had a rather plump figure with chubby and drooped cheeks, a wart on one of them.