𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

Once I returned to the farm, I continued my duties for the rest of the day, and luckily I didn't hear that voice inside my head again.

But that didn't mean that I had stopped thinking of it.

That deep voice was haunting me somehow. The feeling just kept replaying inside my head and I just couldn't seem to find an explanation to it.

It was like someone had entered my mind, like if the privacy of my thoughts were interrupted by a stranger's voice.
It intruded on my intimate space to bring chaos and confusion.

And the chaos didn't seem to stop.
Because even if I wasn't hearing it anymore, it was disturbing my daily peace.

After I finished all my tasks around the farm, I sat down with my sisters in the living room until my parents returned from work.
Ernest and Doris were taking a nap upstairs, and Lottie had gone out to take Sandy for a run.

Fizzy, Phoebe and Daisy were playing a board game while I tried to keep my head clear of thinking about that consuming voice.

Luckily, my parents arrived just in time to make dinner and I was glad to help them.

Anything to keep my mind busy with something else.

Fizzy went upstairs to wake up the little ones to have dinner with the rest of us, and Lottie returned as soon as the sun set.

We all ate and shared a little chat, but I wasn't paying much attention to any of their conversations. I was lost again in that echoing deep voice throbbing through my thoughts.

It wasn't until I finished putting Daisy and Phoebe in bed and covering them with their blankets, that I passed in front of my other pair of twin siblings' door and saw my mother standing beside Doris' bed, causing me to stop on my foot.

Something they said caught my attention.

"Mom, tell us again how you met dad?" - My little sister, Doris, asked.

"It has to be now?"

"Please mom! It's our favorite sleeping story!" - Ernest insisted.

"That's a story to tell by the beach darlings, not tonight." - She giggled.

"Mom, please." - Ernest begged.

"Okay, but I'll keep it short because you both have to get to sleep."

I stood by the barely closed door, listening to the story that my mother always told us while we were growing up.
She used to take us to the beach and act the whole scenes with the help of my dad.

I knew for a fact that she invented it and made it look like a fairytale for us, but it was always nice to hear.

"So, one day, my mother, who is your Grandma, took me to the beach, not very far from here. I was calmly sunbathing on the beach." - She said and the twins laughed. - "It was a really warm and beautiful day, and the beach was crowded with people around, so it wasn't impossible to hear other people's conversations.
But a really nice voice caught my attention from above the rest. I sat up and took my sunglasses out, searching for him." - My mother said as she acted the scene with her hands. - "I looked everywhere but the truth is that nobody was that close to me to be the owner of the mysterious voice so I gave up.
After that I returned to sunbathing but the voice appeared once more, I turned again, to look for it and I asked my mom if she had heard it too but she didn't understand what I was saying, so I let go and I laid down again.
But then I heard it for the third time..."