𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒉 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

ғɪғᴛʜ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

When I woke up the next morning, I had my head buried in the sand, my eyes were covered with the crock of my elbow because of the summer sun hitting straight into my eyes, my back hurt and my feet were cold.

But none of that was important, because the real reason why I had woken up was because I felt this intruding voice inside my head.

This place is way better in the morning when no one is around.

I sat up and flipped the sand off my body, quickly standing up and looking everywhere to find Theodore.

That was my chance.
I needed to go and find my soulmate.

Going for a run always clears my mind. I'll probably do this every morning just to survive. Or maybe just to forget the fucking reason why I'm here.

I whistled three times and waited for my horse to show up.
Damn, where the hell is Theodore when I need him?

Once I spotted him, resting behind the shadow of a tree at the edge of the forest, I ran towards him and jumped on his back, starting to gallop by the side of the sea and towards the city.

Even if we were far from the city, as long as I could keep hearing his voice I knew he would still be on the beach.

Maybe he was running now towards me, maybe this was my opportunity to actually meet him.

This is all Mae's fault, if she hadn't dumped me, I would still be living with her. We would be happy and planning our fucking future together.

Wait.

Mae?

She?

But no, and then Gemma shows up, saying I needed to do something with my life, that I should take over the family business and help my dad.
Guess what? I don't give a fuck about the family business!

The voice in my head was getting even louder if possible, like if he was getting closer to me.
I could actually feel the proximity.

I started to think that maybe if I focused enough I could actually see him.

But involuntarily, everytime he thought and I heard it, it was like blacking out.

And that led me to submerge myself inside my mind and to stop the outside world.
I lost sense of where I was and I actually feared I would fall off Theodore if I continued listening to the voice.

Then she thinks she needs to babysit me! Like if I couldn't do things on my own! I'm a damn grown up.

I shook my head and opened my eyes again, praying that I would still be safe over Theodore's loin, and trying to remain self-conscious until I found him.

I felt him getting closer to me, like some kind of spell, like a magnet.

I had to keep going.

I wondered if he was feeling the same as me.
How is he handling this?
Does he know about the legend?

But suddenly the worry interrupted my mind, and it only came with more and more questions.

What am I going to say to him when we meet?

'Hey there, I'm your soulmate?'

No, I can't do that.

What if he is straight and he laughs at me?

Besides, he said he is from London, didn't he?
What if he is here only temporarily?

What if I never get to know him?