𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴᴛʜ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

Of course, after almost two weeks of sun and summer heat, at some point it had to rain.

And that was today.

Not even the rooster was awake at six am that morning because the sky was dark and clouded, the strong raindrops were hitting constantly on the windows of the house and the sound of the thunder was scaring Ernie and Doris, who were now awake and crying.
Not a single sun ray showed up that morning and it was really hard to see clearly outside the window, but it was obvious that all the farm was covered in puddles and mud.

I got a little sad that I wasn't able to get to the beach, but I was also sure that Harry wouldn't have gone either.
He can't run on the beach under a thunderstorm.

That morning while Lottie stayed in the little twins room, trying to calm them down, I decided to prepare breakfast only for our parents so they could get to work on time. So, when Lottie put the twins back in bed, she and I went back to bed, letting all of our other siblings sleep in.

There wasn't much to do in the farm while it was raining, apart from feeding the animals.
So the rest of our duties were postponed for another day as we decided to stay in and have a lovely family day.

Which wasn't so lovely.

First because Fizzy burnt our lunch, then Phoebe slipped down the stairs because it was wet and she started crying, Ernie and Doris kept screaming every time they heard a thunder outside and Lottie was running out of ideas to make it easier for them.

I sighed and lifted the twins in my arms, carrying them upstairs, having an idea of how to put them to sleep.

"Do you guys want to hear a story?"

"What story Lou?" - Ernie asked.

"Remember mom's story about how she met dad?" - I asked as I led them to their respectives beds.

They both nodded as I placed the blankets above them, tugging them in.

"Well, I have a new one to tell you. The story of how I met Harry."

🌊🌊🌊

Later that day, as my little siblings were taking a nap after my story time, everything in the house was really quiet except for the slow raindrops hitting on the windows, and I was really bored.

The rain had calmed a bit and I wanted to do something to keep myself busy, keep my thoughts away from Harry and our missed encounter today.
So, since Liam and I had exchanged numbers the night he stayed for dinner, I thought right now was a good time to give him a call.

"Hey!" - He answered after the third ring.

"Hey…"

"What's up Louis?"

"I'm bored." - I shrugged against the back of the couch even though he couldn't see me.

"Me too. Being alone sucks." - He sighed. - "Maybe I can go to your place and we can hang out?"

"Yes, please." - I laughed.

"Be there in twenty minutes." - He said and we both hung up.

There weren't exactly twenty minutes, there were more like thirty five when he finally arrived. But, who's counting?

He parked his car on the front lawn and got out of it with an umbrella in hand, rushing inside of the house.
I bumped his fist and, after taking some snacks from the kitchen, I led him to the playroom, avoiding Phoebe and Daisy who were in the living room watching a film.