𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

The following morning I had made up my mind about the whole soulmate legend thing and I was ready to find more about the topic.

The only thing I wanted to do was to finish my morning duties and go straight to the beach so I could hear his voice again.

My plan was to get as much information about him as I could and then go find him in the crowded part of the beach. Maybe follow his thoughts until finding the person who it belonged to.

I needed to know his name. I needed to put a face to the voice.

But something was stepping in the way that morning, ruining my plan completely.

My father.

"Louis, you have to come with me to the centre today."

"What? Why?"

"You need to do the groceries and supplies of the month. I can drop you on my way to work."

"But that was Lottie's job this month, and it was supposed to happen last Monday. What happened?"

"Your sister needed to get something else done. So now it's your turn. C'mon, I don't want to be late for work."

"My turn is next month!"

"Louis, don't fight me. You're going."

"Why can't Lottie do it today either?"

"Because she has something else to do."

"And I have something else to do too!"

My father stopped on his tracks and sent me a death stare. One of those that only predicts trouble.

I growled and reluctantly agreed.
I'm going.

I guess I wasn't going to make it to the beach today.

I changed my clothes into something more suitable for the centre and I followed him out of the house.
I got in my dad's car and after a thirty minutes drive to the city he dropped me off at the centre, giving me a trolley and the amount of money necessary to buy everything we would need.

I knew my way through the stores. I knew I had to buy first the farm supplies, then straight to the groceries shop to buy all the food, drinks, bathroom and perfumery stuff, and cleaning products.

So, with that in mind I walked to the first shop to buy field and animal's supplies.
I picked everything on the list and paid for them at the register. I placed everything inside my shopping trolley and headed to the other store.

As I was crossing the street, minding my own business, somebody bumped into me from behind and fell on the crosswalk in front of me.

I quickly left my trolley aside and ran to help her.

A brunette woman.

I extended my hand and she took it, standing up. I analyzed her for a second and noticed that she had injured her knee below her skirt against the asphalt.

"Are you okay?" - I asked softly, she simply nodded. - "Was it my fault?"

"No, it's okay. I was on a rush. Completely my fault."

"Okay, let me accompany you so we can get out of the crosswalk."

She sent me a quick smile and I helped her, who was slightly limping, to walk towards the street, pulling my trolley with my free hand.

"That's it." - I smiled once we were safe on the street again. - "Are you sure you are okay?"

"I'm fine. Thanks." - She smiled.