𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ.

» Ten summers later. «

After travelling around the world for years, after Harry started being recognized for his music, not even after world tours and different houses around the country, Harry and I forgot to return here.

We always come back here for our vacation. No place will ever compare to this beach.
To the place where we met.

Specifically, our spot.

But this time it wasn't for a vacation, this time it wasn't even summer, winter was just around the corner and we were freezing by being outside.
But we needed to be here, because this time we were here to say goodbye to an old friend. We were here to give Theodore a chance to stay wild, to become one with the water, with this place, we were here to throw Theodore's ashes to the sea.

My partner of all those years, my best friend, was now gone and I knew there was no better way of saying goodbye to him than to bring him to the sea.

He loved it here. As much as I do.

I knew this was what was right for him.

I was standing at the edge of the water, the vase with the ashes gripped tightly in my hands.
Harry was hugging me from my back, his hands running soothingly on my stomach, and his lips kissing my hair.
I felt my heart hurting and my eyes crying non stop, my legs were shaking and I couldn't bring myself to do it just yet.

I needed more time.

"He had a happy life. You gave him the best life you could have ever given him." - Harry whispered in my ear.

"I know." - I said, hearing my broken voice for the first time today.

Harry kissed my neck tenderly and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I don't know what else to say to make him feel better.

"I heard that." - I said, smiling a little. - "Don't say anything. Just hug me. Yeah?"

"Yes."

Harry's arms tightened around my torso as I slowly took the top of the vase and swallowed thickly.

That was it.

I squatted down and I started letting the ashes drop into the water, watching them slowly collide with the tiny waves of the shore, spreading around and tinting the turquoise water every now and then.

"I'll always remember you. Thank you for all you've taught me. Thank you for being my best friend, and for growing up with me, thank you for taking care of my family, and for letting me teach all of them how wonderful horses could be, because you were the greatest of them all. You even put up with Harry, and damn that was hard for both of us." - I said, making Harry laugh. - "I'm sorry I didn't get to teach my children with you, they would have loved you too, but you were just too old these last years and they are still pretty young to understand completely, I couldn't do that to you. I know you had a great life, and you surely made mine better. I'm happy you didn't suffer much these past days, I love you Theodore, I hope I'll see you again sometime."

I watched as the last grey ashes disappeared into the sea and then stood up again, wrapping my arms around Harry's waist and crying against his chest.

"I'm going to miss him so much."

"Me too." - He said.

I closed my eyes as I kept crying on Harry, and he just rubbed his hands on my back and my hair, trying to comfort me and to keep me from getting cold.
The truth is that we both had our noses red from the cold air of the beach already.

"I'm sorry, I can't stop crying." - I sobbed.

"It's okay to cry. I'm here."

"I must look awful."

"That's not true." - He said and kissed my cheek.

"I love you." - I mumbled against his neck.

"I love you too."

I smiled to myself and squeezed Harry's waist with my arms, burying my face deeper into his neck to find warmth.
As the moments went by, I finally calmed down a bit, stopped my crying and just focused on being in my soulmate's arms.

"Firefly?"

"Mhm?"

"I enjoy my life just by loving you."

I looked up at him, smiling.

"I enjoy every second of this life next to you."

Harry cupped my cheeks, wiping the remaining tears away and pressing our foreheads together.

"I love your beauty, your mind and your way to change my whole world with just smiling at me. You are the ray of light in my darkest places. You showed me a new and brighter world." - He said and pecked my lips.

"Harry, I love you with every piece of me and with every piece of this galaxy."

Our love was pure, unselfish, undemanding, free and everlasting.
I felt his body pressed against me, warm, calming, loving. Home.

That was the love I prayed for my whole life and I only had to thank the sea for giving it to me.

Right there, where the blue of the water and the green of the forest kept the magic of nature that many people dream of. It was there, right between us.
Forever.

"Forever." - He reassured me.

I ran my fingers through his hair softly and pulled him to me, capturing his lips with mine.

"Come with me, I have an idea." - I said, taking his wrist and pulling him with me.

When I turned around I spotted Michael and Nia, our beautiful five year old pair of twins, who were competing against each other to see who was doing the best sand castle.
I dragged Harry with me to get them.

"Munchkins, c'mere. Dad and I want to tell you a story."

"What story?" - Nia asked, raising her head.

"A love story that happened here on this exact beach."

"I hate love stories." - Michael said.

"I promise you you're going to like this one." - Harry said and lifted him in his arms. - "Besides, it involves magic."

Nia came to me so I could lift her up too.

"I like magic." - Michael said.

"Me too!" - Nia added.

Harry and I took them to the side of the cliff where we could cover ourselves from the strong wind and the cold and we all sat down.
Harry and I side by side, and the twins straddling our laps.

"You're going to hear the story of how I met your dad…"

🌊🌊🌊