𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

ᴛᴇɴᴛʜ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

I let two days pass before walking to the beach again.
I couldn't let Harry think I'm chasing him, I didn't want to be seen as a stalker.

I knew I needed to go slow.
Because I wasn't going to watch him disappear in front of my eyes again.
I already missed so many opportunities with this guy.

It was around nine in the morning of that beautiful summer Monday, when I started walking barefoot along the beach, knowing Harry would be probably taking his morning run.

And I wasn't wrong.

Because not a minute later I heard his voice interrupting my thoughts.

I need to do this for her. I need to fight my father and make my mom proud.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard his words.
It was the first time he named his mother, wasn't it?

Maybe if I do this for her, I can start making my own rules, even my own business.
Maybe then Mae will take me back.

I walked a little bit more in the direction of the city, because I knew I was going to find him in the middle.  

Just that area of the coast that didn't belong to the city, but neither to the countryside.
That part of the beach which is full of cliffs and rocks that no one usually visits because it's dangerous when the tide is up.
The exact same spot I found him last time.

But for that I need to reinvent myself, I can't let her see me weak.

After walking by the side of the sea a couple more minutes, I found Harry sitting in that clamer part, almost at the verge of the water, with nobody around.

Harry was giving me his back, but I just knew it was him.
His knees up to his body and his stare fixed on the horizon.

His trainers left aside on the sand next to his sweaty shirt. He was breathing heavily after his usual morning run.

I saw his skin glowing under the sunlight, and his body musculature was as relaxed as I have ever seen it.

And for the first time, as I was getting closer, I didn't feel my mind shut, I didn't feel the same pulsating magnetism pulling me to him.
I noticed I was in total control of myself, and I could continue hearing his thoughts as I walked closer from behind him.

I wish it was always this peaceful. It helps me think.

"This place helps me think too." - I said softly, taking a step closer.

He didn't even flinch or turn to look at me, he just shook his head and slapped himself on the forehead.

"Are you ever going to shut up?! I don't want to listen to you ever again. You're torturing me." - He let out a bitter laugh to himself. - "And I thought I was having a good day."

I frowned.
He didn't notice I was behind him.
He thinks I'm still in his head.

I swallowed thickly and thought for a second.
Maybe I should keep silent.

I took a deep breath and walked the remaining distance between us, sitting on the sand next to him.

He jumped in surprise as he noticed me for the first time.
His eyes widened and his body tensed as he stared at me.

His scared expression changed into a confused one, when he recognized who I was.
He moved away a bit, making some space between our bodies.

"Who are you? And why do you keep appearing everywhere I go?"