𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒉 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

sɪxᴛʜ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

I wasn't going to miss my duties today as well, first because my sisters can't do everything on their own, and secondly, because I didn't want my father to scold me.

So I woke up with the singing of the rooster at six am, ready to do everything I could with my injured leg.

Even if it didn't hurt as much as the day before, Lottie and I had exchanged our tasks so I only had to do the ones that didn't involve much movement.

I still needed to rest and not force it much.

After lunch, I had finished everything on the list and Lottie forced me to stay in and rest.
She actually left Daisy in charge of me so I wouldn't escape.

That's how my plans of returning to the beach that evening were replaced by sitting on the couch with my little twins running around me and asking me to play with them.

The fact that those green eyes weren't leaving my mind was preoccupying. But also I knew it was better that way.
With that I had a piece of him to hold on to, and maybe with that I can find him more easily next time.

I was excited to return to the beach now, to hear his voice again and to finally meet him.
That was the only thing spinning around in my mind.

When I heard my mother returned home, I left my little siblings in the playroom and I went downstairs.
I started helping her make dinner, and while taking advantage of our time alone in the kitchen, I decided to take a risk.

"Mom, can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it, dear?"

"Can I go to the city with you tomorrow?"

She stopped what she was doing and stared at me suspiciously.

"Why?"

"I want to pay a visit to the main beach..." - I trailed.

"Is this about your soulmate?" - She smiled mischievously.

"Yes." - I sighed.

"Did you find him?" - She asked with wide eyes.

"Not yet." - I shrugged.

"Okay yeah, you'll come in my car. I want to help." - She smiled. - "Don't tell dad though."

I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Thanks you're the best."

"I know, dear."

🌊🌊🌊

Next morning I was way past excited.
I knew that I was going to see him today.
I just had the feeling, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

My mother dropped me on the main side of the beach on her way to work, not before giving me a supportive hug.

I smiled to myself and waved at her as she drove away.

I was confident that it was my day.

I walked down the beach to find an empty spot on the sand just to sit, observe and wait.

It wasn't any.

People in the summertime tend to get a bit invasive when they are here for vacation.
They were occupying mostly every inch of sand with their beach umbrellas and their lounge chairs.

And that's the reason why I love my side. The countryside. Where nobody is around and there's only peace.

Right now, with all these people, there was a lot of bustle, and no mind peace.