𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

Later that day I felt a soft knock on the door of my room.

"Yeah?"

I was currently laying down and staring at the ceiling in the same position I've been for the last five hours since I returned from the beach.
A lot was happening in my head and I needed some alone time to digest it.

"Dear, is everything okay? Your sisters are asking for you." - My mom said as I saw her head appearing in my room.

"I'm fine." - I sighed.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

She smiled and walked to my bed, sitting on the edge of it and placing her hand on my knee.

"What happened now?"

"I saw Harry."

"I figured that part out already."

I laughed.

"Yeah, well, I feel bad. Because he didn't want me to be there with him. And I kinda forced that, you know? I was so stubborn about meeting him and thinking it would be like a fairytale, but I don't really know if he likes me. I feel like he actually hates me."

"What makes you think that?"

"I tried to have a conversation with him, but it was like he was feeling attacked or something. I don't think he understands what's happening between us, and I don't want to throw all the information to him. But I also know that he doesn't actually want me around and that he is sick of hearing my voice in his head, he literally said that."

"Maybe he needs time to learn about you and how your connection works."

"I don't think he would want to learn about me."

"Did you try to start a conversation? Maybe you can talk about yourself and see where it goes."

"I don't know..."

"Just try again tomorrow."

"No, mom. I can't keep showing up, he's going to definitely hate me. He's going to think I'm stalking him or something."

"You like him? I mean, now that you've actually met him."

"Maybe? I mean he is so pretty. But he is also so serious and angry when he sees me. I think I just had a lot of expectations and an idea of him that isn't true."

"Lou, I don't actually know him, but if you could talk to him today, you just have to continue doing it. Baby steps. Maybe you can find out if he is good for you or if he really hates you, which I don't think it's possible." - She smiled. - "But honey, even if the soulmate legend worked for me and your dad, it doesn't have to be the same for you, maybe the sea was wrong and you will find someone better. If you're not comfortable around him, or if he isn't treating you right, then you can let it go. Don't feel pressured to make it work, yes? I'll support you no matter what."

I frowned and took in all she had said.

"I didn't even think about it not working."

"Okay, my advice now is that you stop thinking about it. You need to take everything calmer. Don't push it. And if it doesn't work, it's not the end of the world. I know you'll find somebody else."

"Thanks mom." - I smiled softly to her.

We both turned to look at the door when it opened slightly, revealing Fizzy's head.