Chapter 1.10:

"So, last night was interesting." I made small talk with JD as I straightened out the compilation CD section that no one ever seemed to buy but was always magically messy. It was like little elves raided the store, causing mayhem after we left each night.

"How so?" JD asked.

He was in the country section pulling out some CDs that were going to go in the closeout bin. He had his trusty price tag maker set and was going to town. This store was overloaded with CDs and vinyl that never seemed to get bought. We constantly had to mark things down on closeout, but even then, no one ever bought them.

No one in this town really came in to buy music from the store; they usually went straight to the merchandise. We had everything from anime figurines to novelty bumper stickers. I had learned pretty quickly that this store never really sold anything. The only people who ever came in were either old, bored teenagers, and the occasional female who would slip JD or me her number. It was amazing that this place was still open.

"I just...um...." I paused. I didn't really know what else I could say without bringing her up.

"Don't worry, dude. Riley has that effect on everyone." JD laughed.

"No, I d-didn't mean that I...." I stuttered. Shit. How did he know already?

"It's ok. She's annoying. I know better than anyone else. You're lucky you don't have a sister to deal with. If you want, you can borrow Riley for a while. I'm more than happy to share her." JD laughed.

I turned bright red. I would love to borrow her, but not in the way he was thinking. In fact, I was almost positive that he had at least one other friend besides me, who was willing to take her off his hands if he didn't want her anymore.

"I think I'll pass," I said, trying to cover my indecent thoughts.

I went back to the back of the store and started rearranging the 90's grunge band section in alphabetical order by the last name of the lead guitarist just to be an ass. It wasn't like anyone was going to look through these anyway.

"Hey, sexy." A chirpy voice said behind me.

When I turned around, Mia was standing behind me, rocking back and forth on her heels with a smile plastered across her face. She leaned up against the front of me and rubbed against me a little too much as she wrapped her arms around my neck in a hug.

Behind her were two friends of her friends that I had never met before. She was obviously trying to show off for them. I wasn't in the mood to take the bait this morning.

"Hey." I nodded my head at her when she finally let me go.

Her body was barely covered as usual. She liked to flaunt herself around like she was a fucking supermodel. She had a decent ass and a nice stomach, but she didn't have a lot of hips and was not blessed up top at all.

She wasn't anything like Riley. Riley's curves were perfectly flawless in all the right places. What made them even more delicious was the fact that she had no idea how desirable she was. Girls who looked like her were normally conceited and would toss it around for show.

Riley wasn't anything like that, at least not in the short time I knew her.

I guess I didn't really know for sure, but I assumed it based on how she acted around us last night. Of course, that could be all it was, just an act because her brother was around. She was probably different when she didn't have people hovering over her, watching every move she made.

I shook my head; I didn't believe it for one second. That had to be who she really was. It seemed way too natural to be an act.

Then again, my head could have just been tricking me into thinking she was that mouthwatering last night. She was the only awake, unattached female at the house. I probably just thought I wanted her more than I did because she was there.