Chapter 1.25:

"Where's Mark and Aiden?" I asked as I jogged down the stairs.

JD was pacing around the room in a panic.

"I sent them ahead to hold our place in line so we can get a good spot. Anna is freaking out on me because I'm running late to pick her and Riley up. I'm pretty sure she thinks they won't let us in if we aren't the first ones in line." JD explained as he patted his pockets to make sure he had everything.

JD's phone started blowing up in his pocket.  He reached in and pulled it out just enough to look at the screen. He shook his head and canceled it down immediately.

He was going to regret that later.

It stopped ringing for a few seconds and then started up again moments later. He wasn't kidding. Anna had turned the knob up today on her nagging girlfriend meter. She was in Terminator-style pester mode.

This was just another example of why I didn't do the whole relationship thing.

"You want to ride over with me to get the girls?" JD asked as he grabbed his keys off the coffee table and headed to the front door.

I paused for a short second to think it over. The car ride to Bannon's would give me a little more time to spend with Riley tonight. 

JD's phone exploded in his pocket again. If the rapid-fire calls were any indication of Anna's mood, trapping myself in a car with her was a terrible idea.

The cons outweighed the pros significantly.

"No," I said flatly.

"Come on. I need moral support. You know what Anna is like when she's gets like this." JD pleaded with me.

"She's your girlfriend. That makes her your problem, not mine." I pointed out.

"You know parking is going to suck. It will be easier if we go in one car and you promised to help me tonight. You didn't forget about that, did you?" JD added to seal the deal.

"You owe me." I ground my teeth together and followed him out the front door.

"Knew I could count on you." JD grinned.

He was lucky his sister was going to be with us or there would have been no way I would have tagged along at all.

JD and I walked out to his car and got in.  As soon as he started it, he flicked the volume button up on his steering wheel until my ears were practically bleeding from the chaotic mashing together of notes.

He nodded his head to the beat and grinned as he pulled off down the road.

JD blared Camo songs the whole ride over to the house.  I counted at least thirty-five mistakes and four of the songs had the same three-chord progressions. My already low opinion of Camo was getting worse every second I was forced to listen to them.

We weren't at the actual concert and I already had a headache from this shitty noise.

It was going to be a long night.

JD turned the radio down as he pulled up to his parent's house and honked the horn.

"Get in the back." He motioned his head.

"Why?" I asked.

"Anna is my girlfriend. She rides up front with me."

"I can't sit in the back. My legs are too long." I protested.

JD had some nerve. I didn't even want to ride with him in the first place and now he wanted me to shove my oversized extremities into the backseat of the car like an accordion.