Chapter 1.20:

When I opened the door to my room, Riley was already sitting up on my bed, looking around in a panic like she didn't know where she was. She had pulled the covers off her legs and was about to stand up to run out of the room. 

I made a little shuffling noise to let her know I was there so I didn't scare her. The last thing I needed was for her to scream and let Aiden know she was awake. He would run in guns blazing try to latch onto her immediately.

As soon as Riley saw me, she covered her body up like she was insecure about letting me see her. I had seen a lot of her last night and I was not disappointed at all. There was no reason for her to hide her beautiful body from me.

I shut the door quickly behind me so she couldn't escape easily. I wanted a little more time with her this morning while I still had the chance.  I probably wouldn't see her again until the Camo concert and I wanted to steal every second I could.

I started towards her and watched her eyes rake over my bare chest like she had never seen it before. She was eyeing my tattoos like they were newly inked on my skin. Even the one she kissed last night before falling asleep stole her attention. Her eyes lowered to the music notes on the front of my hip and lazily followed the trail lower to check me out.

When I was a teenager, my mom always scolded me when I walked around in public in gym shorts or sweatpants. I played dumb about it with her, but I wasn't a complete moron.  It's not like I had much of a reason to hide myself.

Besides being tall, I was well above average in other ways too.

I walked over to stand in front of the silent girl to hand her the glass of water. I opened the top of the bottle of aspirin and shook out two into my hand to give to her. She reached her small hand up to take them and then hesitated like she was scared to touch me. To say it baffled me was a fucking understatement. I raised my eyebrow at her questioningly. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and grabbed the aspirin out of my hand.

"You look like hell."

"I don't feel so great either." Riley sighed and shook her head.

She opened her mouth and took the aspirin. I gave her the water and watched her slowly sip it.  She was struggling to get it to go down her throat. I understood how she was feeling right now; I had been there before too.

"You were completely trashed last night." Riley looked down away from my eyes. She was in her head, running through the whole night. She looked confused and sad. 

Did she remember what happened?

From the look on her face, she knew she had messed up last night. I felt bad for her, but I was also fucking pissed at her for the irresponsible way she acted.

Being pissed off, mixed with my irrational need to fuck the shit out of her, was screwing with my head. Add in the minute amount of guilt I was feeling over hiding her from JD and I felt like I was could tear tear the room apart in seconds. 

"Did we do something last night?"  Riley asked nervously.

She was picking at my blanket. I almost smacked her hand when it looked like she started pulling the stitching out. I didn't have the money to get a new one if she decided to be neurotic and pull the stuffing out.

Those fucking tickets for the shitty band I didn't even want to see cost me my whole savings. I had no money to live on for the next few days.

"Are you asking if we had sex?" I asked. If she didn't remember, I might be able to find a way to use this to my advantage.

She looked away from me and continued trying to unstitch my blanket with her hands.

I sat back down next to her on the bed and stared directly at her. This was going to be fun. I licked my lips and looked down at her. I grabbed her hand and began stroking it. She squirmed next to me. My whole body was tingling from touching her skin again.