Chapter 1.54:

JD was incessantly yapping in my ear and waving his arms around like a madman near my head. He was going off about something that excited him, but I had no idea what he was even trying to tell me. I caught approximately every third or fourth word because I was too busy focusing on what was going on with the frustratingly obstinate blond out in the living room who refused to listen to a damn word I said.

Riley's eyes slowly meandered with a lazy shift in my direction. Her mouth dropped open, feigning surprise like she forgot I was still inside the house and waiting on her. She was playing dumb with me right now and I wasn't amused at all.

I stood just inside the doorway glaring at her without blinking, impatiently waiting for her to bring her ass over into the kitchen.

Riley's gaze narrowed at me and she shook her head to let me know she wasn't going to do what I wanted her to do. She motioned a slight nod to Aiden and Brynn like that settled our disagreement and set everything right between us.

My chest constricted in pain and my vision began blurring. The earth started quaking as my body convulsed with rage.

Riley had made her decision.

She would rather be out there yucking it up with Aiden and Brynn than anywhere near me.

It made me fucking sick to stand here and watch.

It was time for me to go out there and drag her upstairs to lock her inside my room for the rest of the night. I didn't care if she cried, screamed, or begged me to let her out. Having her pissed off at me all night would be better than dealing with this.

I started out the door towards her when I was hit in the face with a red plastic cup.

"You look like you need a drink," JD said, shoving a cup of something dark under my nose. I grabbed it out of his hand and poured it down my throat.

"Thanks," I said, handing the empty cup back to him, feeling the burning warmth of the liquid comfort line my insides all the way down.

"You know, we ran into Mia at the liquor store. Like ran, ran into her. Anna mowed her down with a cart after Mia stopped me and gave me a hug." JD chuckled.

"Ok, great." It was the end of the story from my viewpoint. I hadn't even given Mia a second thought since the last time I saw her. Her name or face barely even registered in my head anymore. I didn't care at all about them seeing Mia at the liquor store. As far as I was concerned, she didn't even exist.

"Well, anyway, Mia started complaining that you haven't been answering your phone or texting her back. She asked if you were home tonight so she could come over. I'll text her to come by so she can come help cheer you up." JD began reaching into his pocket for his phone.

"Don't bother. Someone else already has that covered tonight." I mumbled and looked at Riley out of the corner of my eye. She was still red-faced and smiling playfully at Aiden.

"She's here, isn't she?" JD smirked and slapped me on the back.

"Who's here?" I asked and turned my head entirely in Riley's direction when I saw her shift her weight from one foot to another. It looked like she was about to do something and I needed to know exactly what that something was.

Riley lowered her head down to look at her body and Aiden's eyes followed hungrily. It was like she was encouraging him to do it and letting him know she didn't mind if he ogled her dirty little curves more.

"The girl that has you acting crazy. She's here right now, isn't she?" JD started trying to poke his nose around me to look out in the living room. "I don't see anyone out there but Riley and Brynn. Wait..."