About you

A few months passed and high schoolers will be having their first term examinations soon, which means Yongguk will be going to Sowon's house twice a week.

As Yongguk is teaching Sowon half-way through, rain started pouring and Yongguk looked out the window at the living room. "Ssaem, do you have umbrella?" Sowon asked, curious as she looked at Yongguk. "I didn't bring though. I'll just have to wait till the rain dies down then." Yongguk said and Sowon nodded. "Oh yeah, why not eat dinner with us too? I don't think it will die down that soon." Sowon's mother suggested and Yongguk accepted her offer while thanking her.

After another hour, the tuition ended and while Sowon is cleaning up, Yongguk helped her mother in setting the table. "Oh yeah, Sowon-ah, do you know anything about your neighbour, Sooyoung-ssi?" Yongguk asked, curious as he looked at her. "What's with the question ssaem? Do you want to get close to unnie?" Sowon asked as she looked at him and he nodded while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly and smiling sheepishly as he kept looking around.

"It's hard to get close to unnie, to be honest. Even though she has been our neighbour for 3 going to 4 years, she still doesn't want to get close to us or any other neighbours. And the only thing we say to each other are greetings only or thank yous." Sowon said and Yongguk nodded while sighing in defeat internally.

"Sowon-ah, go and bathe." Her mother said and Sowon obeyed. After doing the dishes, she offered Yongguk coffee which accepts and she sat opposite of him on dining table.

"I can tell you something about Sooyoungie if you want to get close to her." Her mother said and Yongguk looked at her with slightly widened eyes. "Please tell me eommeonim." Yongguk said and she smiled at his eagerness. "Well.. First thing's first, she's living alone and doesn't get close to people or pushes people away from her." She said and Yongguk put that aside as he already tried it.

"And one day, when i was in the market, buying groceries, i overheard some ahjummeonims talking and it's about Sooyoung." Her mother added and Yongguk is slowly getting more and more curious. "Apparently, she was abandoned by her own mother and step-father." Her mother said and Yongguk's eyes widen in shock.

"And.. Why was she abandoned?" Yongguk asked but his student's mother shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe it's because of this hurt that is why she doesn't want to get close to people and pushed people who wants to get close to her. But.. If Yongguk-ssi is to get close to her, i think all of us will be happy." Her mother said and Yongguk smiled.

"Oh yeah, there is a thing about her though." Her mother said and he looked at her, confused. "She always wakes up around 4.30am or 5am and sometimes midnight and goes out somewhere and comes back within a few minutes but.. She always seems soulless during those times." Her mother added and Yongguk nodded while thanking her for the information.

Half an hour passed and the rain has completely stopped. "See you next week then." Yongguk said and left after waving and went to the elevator. *If there is a chance to get close to her, i will deifnitely take it. But.. There's no such chance, right?* Yongguk thought as he sighed out.