Start from basics

It's a weekend afternoon and you are at Yongguk's and Himchan's shared apartment front door as Yongguk texted you that he'll tutor you at his place. You stood there, nervousness slowly eating you up and you finally knock on his door.

"Sooyoung, come in. I'll start tutoring you once you've settled down." Yongguk said, slightly enthusiastic while you are ready to go home any minute. After you sat down and took out your pencil case, Yongguk placed a few assesment books on the study table, shocking you at how thick those are.

"I'm going to die soon." You mumbled out loud unknowingly and Yongguk ruffled your hair. "You won't die from doing a little brain work, pabo." Yongguk said and you groaned slightly.

"Okay.. Which one is your weakest subject." Yongguk asked and you looked at him with an expression saying 'I'm not telling you'. "Yah.. You have to work on it instead of avoiding it no matter how much you hate it or bad at it." Yongguk chided with slight gentleness and you pointed on the math book.

"How bad are you?" Yongguk asked, not expecting you'll be that bad at it. "Well.. I only know.. High school first year maths. And.. My highest maths score in middle school is only.. 4 so.." You said while looking down and Yongguk sighed out. "Looks like i have my work cut out for me then." Yongguk said and opening a high school first year maths assesment book.

"Let's start with this. First year algebra." Yongguk said and you started doing it with ease but as you go on, the difficulty level starts rising and your brain is slowly shutting on its own. "Yah, you are stuck at this problem?" Yongguk asked as he noticed that you are slowly dazing off.

After only teaching you for three hours, you are already at your wit's end and Yongguk, who noticed it, stopped tutoring. "It's already 5. Want to get ready and go out to eat dinner?" Yongguk asked and you nodded, happy that you are finally free from maths.