Learning a fact about you

"Yah mr school idol! What the heck have you been doing?! What are we going to do? Our project's due in a week!" Youngjae shouted as he glared at Daehyun while folding his arms. "You are the brainiac here, why are you asking me?!" Daehyun shouted back.

"Umm.. What happened? We rushed here as fast as we could." Yongguk asked once you and him reached Youngjae's apartment. "Well.. All i could gather is that Daehyunnie has been goofing off and because of that, they have only a week to finish their school project which angered Youngjae." Himchan filled in what is going on to Yongguk and he groaned.

"I'm not picking up your slack anymore." Youngjae said while banging the table, scaring you as you hold onto Yongguk's hoodie sleeve with your trembling hand. "Even if i'm here, you are the one doing all the work, right? So why do you need me for?" Daehyun argued back.

"I don't want to always do the work alone and you getting all the credit for it. I'm sick and tired of it Jung Daehyun!" Youngjae shouted as he glared at him and both Yongguk and Himchan sighed out. "Bbang-ah, go do your job." Himchan said and Yongguk nodded.

Just as he was about to go, he felt your hand tugging his hoodie sleeve and he looked at you. "It'll be fine. It'll be over in a moment so don't worry, okay?" Yongguk said as he patted you while smiling a warm and gentle smile. You slowly let go of his hoodie sleeve and he went to stop them from fighting.

After talking to Daehyun for about half an hour, Daehyun finally apologized and after talking to Youngjae for a few minutes to half an hour, Youngjae reluctantly apologized back. "Why do i always have to be your mediator anyways?" Yongguk mumbled as he sighed out.

"Told you it'll be over in a moment." Yongguk said as he ruffled your hair and you looked down. "Oh yeah, why are you here anyway?" Yongguk asked as he looked at Himchan. "I came to borrow Youngjae's phone charger. Mine's spoiled." Himchan explained and Yongguk nodded.

"If everything's fine now, we are going then." Yongguk said and after bidding them goodbye, both you and him went away. "Umm.. What happened back then? Why did you grab my hoodie sleeve?" Yongguk asked once the both of you boarded the bus.

"Oh.. Th-that was because i-i'm scared of.. People shouting, banging the table or quarreling with a loud voice." You said and Yongguk looked at you and smiled. "Well.. I'll be your shield so you don't have to worry now." Yongguk said as he patted your head and you turned to face the window.