A secret of you

It's the day you are meeting your mother and you went to your apartment with Yongguk. "As i thought.. This is a bad idea.. I feel sick." You said softly and wanted to walk away when Yongguk grabbed your wrist, stopping you from running away.

"Yah, you'll be fine. And besides.. I'm here, right? Come on, let's go in and wait for your eomma." Yongguk said while smiling a warm smile, melting your resolve on leaving. "Araseoyo." You said, slightly pouting and he chuckled while ruffling your hair.

After an hour, a knock could be heard. "It's your eomma, aren't you opening?" Yongguk asked and you shook your head, still afraid of opening the doors. He sighed and opened the door. "Annyeonghaseyo eommeonim, i'm Bang Yongguk, your daughter's boyfriend." Yongguk introduced himself as he let your mother in.

"Yah Sooyoung-ah, why didn't you tell eomma that you have a boyfriend?" Your mother asked, half jokingly and you just looked at the cup in front of you while biting your lips.

As the three of you talked, you noticed that there aren't any drinks left. "Eomma, oppa, i'll go and buy some drinks." You said and left after taking your wallet, leaving Yongguk alone with your mother.

Once the door shuts, your mother looked at Yongguk. "So? How is Sooyoungie when she's with you?" Your mother asked as she looked at him. "Umm.. Still the same, i guess? I mean.. She's still the same when i met her but she did made friends with my friends so i guess she became a little outgoing. Just a little though." Yongguk said and your mother laughed a little.

"Yeah.. She always have a hard time making friends and hates going out. Just to tell you something. She doesn't drink water frequently so you have to remind her once in a while because she gets sore throat easily and she eats junk food often so you have to check on her once in a while." Your mother said and Yongguk took note of it.

"Oh yeah.. Does she still wake up in the middle of the night?" Your mother asked and Yongguk nodded. "Eommeonim, do you know why?" Yongguk asked as he looked at her. "It's probably.. My fault that she's like that. After my divorcement with her father, she was only 5 years old. She's afraid of me leaving so she always wakes up in the middle of the night. But.. Maybe Yongguk-ssi can cure it." Your mother said and Yongguk nodded, finally knowing the reason behind it.

As they are chatting, the door opened and you walked in. "I bought fruit juice, mineral water and sodas." You said as you placed the plastic bag on the floor. "Sooyoung-ah, why does your apartment don't have sofa?" Your mother asked and you looked at her.

"I don't like sitting on the sofa and besides, it's a waste of money." You answered bluntly and your mother nodded. "Still the same huh? Straight-forward and blunt." Your mother said and you looked at her. "What i do or say or what actions i do or the tone i use is none of your business already, isn't it?" You retorted back and Yongguk hurriedly hold your hands and you looked at him.

He shook his head slightly with a small smile and you cooled down a little. After talking for awhile more, your mother left and you sighed out once the door shuts.