One: Another day, Another dollar

Fixing the gold earring that loosely hung from her ear, Ivy stared at her reflection in the mirror. The hotel bathroom was dimly lit and she wiped her smeared red lipstick. Her eyes were hooded over, no emotion showing as her gaze fixated from her reflection to the dead body limp on the bed in the room next door. There was no blood or any weapon that gave away the clues of his death. Instead, there was an opened bottle of red wine that sat on the bedside table alongside two wine glasses.

Ivy made her way out from the bathroom to the bed and she took in the appearance of the man in front of him. His blue blouse was unbuttoned and his belt hung loosely around his hips. His hands were cuffed to the bed frame behind him and to any detective, they would believe he would've died from a heart attack. Picking up her heels at the end of the bed, Ivy slipped them back on before checking his pulse once again to make sure he was dead and she was safe to leave. Walking out of the hotel room, her eyes caught a glimpse of the white powder that was neatly shuffled into several straight lines.

At the entrance of the hotel, a black SUV awaited her. Her heels clicked against the tiled floor and the chauffeur opened the door for her. As soon as she was in, the car sped off and Ivy began to clean herself up, removing the blue eye contacts she had in and the jewellery. Making sure the driver was watching the road and not her through the rear view mirror, Ivy began to undress. She slipped off the black dress and chucked it into the trash bag that was filled with new belongings for her. The heels were next to go into the bag. Then the jewellery and the contacts. It wasn't long until the car finally came to a stop at the Manor and she had changed into a new person.

Hopping out of the car with the trash bag in hand, she chucked it at a guard who stood at the entrance to the house. "Make sure you burn these until they're nothing but ash." She instructed and he nodded his head.

When she walked into the mansion, she was met with silence. There were only a few lights on that barely illuminated the place and they were coming from old lamps that sat as decorations on shelves. Walking into the library, her eyes darted to the dark shadow sitting on the chair, a book in their hands and a glass of golden liquid resting next to them.

"It's complete. Mr. Johanson is deceased." She stated and the person smiled subtly but didn't remove their gaze from the book in their hands.

"Excellent work Agent 32. I'll make sure the cleaners sweep the location and remove any evidence that was left behind." There was a heavy silence that settled in and Ivy bit her lip, holding back what she wanted to say.

"Get some rest 32, you have another case brought in just for you. I'll discuss the details with you tomorrow morning."

With that said, Ivy walked out of the room, anger pumping through her veins and she held back the urge of punching something or someone. She made her way towards the garage where her car awaited. It wasn't anything super flash like some of the other cars parked nearby, but she liked being able to blend in. Flaunting her money is something she didn't do that often and to a stranger passing her on the street, she'd look like any average woman. As the car engine started, Ivy checked her surroundings and drove out of the place and before she knew it, she was all alone on the empty road.

It wasn't until an hour later when Ivy had finally parked and arrived at her apartment located in the city. As she unlocked her door, she was met with silence and a room of darkness. It was cold and dull but when she flicked on the light, it illuminated her living area and showcased what made her. From the dying plant sitting on the windowsill to the old painting the previous tenants had left that she didn't bother to remove, it all meant something to her even though she didn't have many things at all.

Heading into the kitchen, Ivy pulled open the fridge and stared at the items in the fridge as the intense blue light made her squint. It was too late in the night to pour a glass of wine and it was too early to brew a cup of coffee so with that in mind, she slammed the door closed and huffed, deciding to call it a night.

After having a shower, a small ball of fur greeted her on her bed. "I'm home Pebbles." She smiled and the cat meowed, begging for pats. Ivy crawled into the bed and Pebbles was quick to join her side, lying down on her lap as Ivy stroked the soft fur. The cat purred in comfort and she leaned over, cautious to not disturb the animal as she flicked off the lamp.

Kissing Pebbles on the head, Ivy leaned down into her pillow before closing her eyes and falling asleep with the company of her only companion; Pebbles, her cat.