Forty Six: A Nightmare in Broad Daylight

Valentino stormed into the office complex, several body guards behind him as he tightly gripped the shotgun in his hand. Heavy footsteps flooded the room as the two receptionists looked up from their computers in shock.

"Where the fuck is he?!" Valentino boomed, aimlessly firing a shot, causing the blonde woman to scream in fear. They tried to hide under the desk but Valentino fired another shot, this time aiming at the computer and blowing it to shreds.

"H-He's o-out of t-the uh country, sir." A receptionist babbled, her body shaking in terror as she lied to Valentino's face. He spat out a laugh, holding the gun up, aiming the barrel straight at the woman's face.

"Damn right he's outta the fucking country. He'll be six feet underground with everyone else in this room by the time I'm done. Open his fucking office door." He spat, casually reloading the shotgun with more ammo.

"I-I can't do that."

"Oh but you can slut yourself out in the workplace cafeteria? Huh." Ivy snapped out with venom dripping from her tongue.

Valentino didn't need to look at Ivy to know that she was firing imaginary holes into the side of his skull with her piercing glare. Instead he rolled his eyes at the receptionist's reply, stepping forward and leaning over the counter, pressing the end of the barrel up against her forehead. The woman coughed out a sob, tears streaming down her face as she silently begged Valentino to not kill her.

"Princess, get that fucking door open, yeah?" Valentino said over his shoulder, his eyes skimming across Ivy as she walked forward with a mischievous grin. He saw in her eyes the adrenaline rush she got from missions. She was just like him, bringing chaos wherever they went and if the walls weren't painted red at the end of the day, then it wasn't a job well done.

Ivy swung the blade around her finger as she stalked behind the desk, and before she could click the little silver button on the desk, the other receptionist leaned forward, trying to attack her. But Ivy was always at least one step ahead. The woman coughed out, clutching her stomach and Ivy frowned at the woman's face of horror. With her free hand, Ivy smashed the woman's face against the desk and tore the blade out of the stab wound.

Valentino watched in admiration as Ivy clicked a couple of buttons, the sound of the office doors unlocking filling the room and he smirked victoriously. "Good girl." His finger skimmed over the trigger and he went to walk away but stopped in his tracks, turning around and firing the gun at the last receptionist. Her body fell off the chair with a thud, a large pool of dark red leaking from behind the desk with it splattered on the white walls as Valentino and Ivy kicked open Mr. Garica's office doors.

The room was empty, no sign of Mr. Garcia anywhere except for the other emergency door in the corner of the room left wide open. Valentino cursed under his breath, running his hands through his hair in frustration as he stormed around the room.

"Aye boss, here's some paperwork you might wanna look at." A guard called out, holding up a black folder. Valentino snatched the documents out of his hands and skimmed his eyes over the contracts. Almost everything Valentino needed to know was right in his hands, all printed in black and white and Mr. Garcia was stupid enough to just leave it out like it was some sort of daily newspaper. There were addresses, names and building leases all piled together neatly.

"Stupid idiot." Valentino chuckled, closing the folder back up and handing it back to the guard. "Clear the space. I want any and all evidence this fucking cunt has to do with the Italians. If you find any stacks of cash anywhere that he's hidden, burn it. He doesn't deserve my hard earned money anymore. Wants to partner with the Italians instead, bullshit."

Ivy left the office, heading back out to the reception desk as she stepped over the dead bodies and typed away at the computer. There were scanned files that were left open and a log sheet, a timeline of everyone who had a planned interview or meeting with Mr. Garcia. But that's not what she was curious about. In the little corner was a camera icon and with a smirk, she clicked on the link.