Twelve: Only Time Will Tell

"Have you stopped throwing a tantrum?" A loud voice rumbled through the cell and Ivy woke up to the sight of polished black shoes. Her eyes slowly trailed up, glaring up at Valentino who towered above her.

"Fuck you." She spat and Valentino just chuckled.

"Learnt your lesson, Princess?" He asked and Ivy began to tug on the chains growing angrier every second.

"Yeah. That you're a bitch." She snickered, spitting at Valentino's shoe. Something in his mind twitched and he suddenly saw red. Yanking on her dark hair, he pulled her head up, causing her to look up at him.

"Did you just fucking spit on me?" He enraged in a low voice.

Ivy laughed manically. "Yeah I did. What are you gonna do about it?"

Valentino pulled the gun out from behind his back and clicked the safety off, shoving it firmly against Ivy's temple. She went stiff under his hold, the cold metal of the gun digging into her skin.

"Lick it off." He growled and Ivy looked up at him confused.

"What?"

"I said. Lick your fucking spit off of my shoe. Now." Valentino breathed out through gritted teeth. Ivy just stared up at him, sitting on her knees as she vigorously shook with rage, her arms behind her back due to the restraints. "Don't fuck with me or I won't hesitate pulling the trigger, Princess. Lick. Your. Spit. Off. My. Damn. Shoe."

Ivy dropped her head, leaning down to Valentino's shoe as she slowly dragged her tongue along it. Swallowing her own saliva, the taste of leather polish was strong against her taste buds but before she could look back up at him, his knee suddenly collided with her jaw, making her fall back on her bottom. Grinning, she showed off her bloody mouth and the metallic taste of the crimson liquid immediately overpowered the after taste of leather polish. The familiar feeling of something warm began to tickle her nose and she was aware that she now had a bloody nose too. Valentino gripped onto Ivy's jaw, dragging her closer to him.

"If you're going to act like a brat, I won't hesitate to treat you like one."

"You killed my fucking cat." She said in a harsh tone.

"You need to understand that I can take away rewards just as quickly as I can give them, Princess." He let go of Ivy's hair and began to walk out the cell. Ivy broke into a fit of anger, yelling and cursing at him, trying to tug on the chains to escape. But it was no use. He locked the cell door behind him and Ivy was faced with the bittersweet darkness.

------------

Days began to blur and Ivy was going insane. Her rage towards Valentino hadn't subsided and the red marks from the restraints turned into purple bruises. This time around, she was luckily getting fed once a day. A slice of bread and a bowl of mildly warm soup. Valentino didn't visit her often but deep down, she was grateful that he was giving her space to breathe.

The blood from her nose had dried and dark rims formed under her eyes from the lack of proper sleep. Her eyes snapped towards the door, the sudden noise of the bolts echoing through the cold and dark room. Normally it was just a random man who would silently place her meal in front of her and chuck her another water bottle for the day. But this time it wasn't and the visitor didn't bring any food for her either. Ivy immediately recognised who it was. His tall frame stood in the doorway and his cologne suffocated her, even when he was six feet away.

They didn't say a word to another and Ivy just snarled at him the entire time as he roughly took off her restraints. As soon as her hands were free she rubbed the bruises and marks on her wrists. Rather than dragging her out of the room, Valentino simply began to walk away and Ivy followed close behind. If she had a weapon on her right now, she wouldn't hesitate to slash him to pieces. Even if she would end up dying too. Not one word was uttered the entire time Ivy followed him out of the basement towards the dining room. No one was there and Ivy glanced outside, seeing it was dark out. Night time.