Fifty One: Breach of Contract

Several days had passed and while Ivy kept herself busy doing things around the estate, Valentino was staying in the city. The afternoon sun rolled past the hills, shining a bright orange glow into the office as Valentino stood by the window, watching Ivy in the distance who was horse riding.

He had just arrived back from the city and he thought that spending a few nights away from her would clear his head, make him see the bigger picture in black and white. But now, as he watched her gallop through the paddocks with the rays of gold shining down on her, his mind was a fuzzy grey.

Suddenly removing his gaze from her, a knock echoed through the quiet space and Valentino welcomed the stranger who just happened to be Joseph. Ever since the gym 'incident', Valentino has kept his second in command on high alert and Joseph could sense it too. He knew that one more fuck up and Valentino wouldn't hesistate to kill him.

"How did the meeting go?" He asked, taking a seat in front of Valentino. Valentino walked away from the window, sitting down before he threw a piece of paper on the desk.

"Akira's having a business ball in two months. He's invited all the big guns, Russians, Irish, Romanians. The whole lot. Even the god damn Italians."

Joseph belted out a sarcastic laugh. "That fucker is asking for a blood bath. Why the hell does he think having everyone around is a good idea?"

"You know what Akira's like. He can't pass up an opportunity to have alibis. That's all he's really got anyway. His horrible fucking gin company and creating contracts with everyone under the fucking sun. He thinks it'll benefit everyone. Create more business or some shit."

"So are you going?"

Valentino chuckled, peering down at the invitation to the ball. "Of course I'm fucking going. I've only got bad blood with Dante. And the way that cunt runs his mouth, I'll have everyone else siding with me to take him down."

"He'll be shot dead within five minutes."

"You got that damn right." Valentino mumbled, taking a swing from his glass before setting it back down and leaning back in his chair.

After a few more minutes discussing business matters with Joseph, Valentino headed out of his office, walking towards his bedroom to see the bed neatly made. Checking the walk-in wardrobe, he quickly realised that Ivy had moved all her things out. Letting out a frustrated groan, Valentino ran his hands through his hair, walking back into the room to the sudden mutter of a feminine voice.

"I saw her move her belongings back a couple of days ago. Did you finally come back to your old senses and kick the bitch out?" Daisy said, a small smirk tugging on her puffed lips and Valentino rolled his eyes.

"What the fuck are you still doing here? I thought I made it clear I didn't need you crawling around here like a goddamn pest."

"The only pest around here is that girl." In a flash, Valentino had his fingers tightly wrapped around Daisy's throat and his chest pressed harshly against hers, holding her flush against the bedroom door.

"Don't you fucking talk about her like that. Especially around me."

Daisy grinned wickedly but Valentino could sense the fear that lingered in her eyes. Daisy was one to always get on Valentino's nerves, constantly making smart remarks as if he wasn't a serial killer that got away with murder and other illegal things every single day. But this was new. No matter how many times he wanted to hold her at gunpoint, Valentino had always tried to keep his cool, never lashing out and showing violence towards her, or any other workers (except for when they crossed the line and were undercover spies). But today, it was different. All the smart comments Daisy directed at Valentino over the years, all the jealousy she showed him had built up and when she opened her mouth to talk badly about Ivy, all Valentino could see was red.