28: DEBUTANTE.

EID-AL-ADHA!🎊

As for my giftttt, just comment on each paragraph and updates will come frequently

Jannah and I have a surprise for you lots! We're releasing our new book! Yipppeeee!🎊

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

A lilt added to her steps, Amirah made it back to the office while panting hard. He gave a call to the receptionist right before she left the building and told her she should be back in just forty minutes! How the heck is she supposed to do that if she is going to buy the lunch and then take it to the palace and come back? She's got a mild headache already from all the stress under thirty minutes. Her brain is close to capitulating and it will be on his head.

"I'm back, Sir." She forced a small smile across her lips not to show him how exhausted she is but he's noticed the hefty spoonfuls of mayhem merged to her words.

His attention narrowed back to his laptop dismissing her mayhem and hateful glares hidden behind those eyes. "Good. You can proofread the files I just sent you now, Ms. Adam."

"Okay." Came her insouciant reply.

There is no sir which means he succeeded on getting under her skin and in no time his plan is going to work out. Ha, he knew her like the back of his hands and even after three years, she is still the same woman just not the one he's been with. Just not the person he fell for. Not the one he hopelessly doted for in the past, changed one. Not the adolescent one filled with aspartame. Not the one he got to the top of her aficionados.

Time for lunch rolled but Amirah is still proofreading and editing the files he's sent, they are bulky and have more than ninety pages. She just flipped through the thirty sixth when the sound of her name halted her next move. A sigh escaped her lips since her stomach also grumbled in that wicked growl that everyone could hear. She mentally smelled ambrosia. She is sure Imad did too since his move on the laptop terminated for a nanosecond enough to prove he did.

She licked her lips, minding her business by deleting a sentence she shouldn't have, she had to bring it back whilst distracted. Won't he ask her to go have lunch or is he punishing her for something? She can't remember doing anything other than coming a little late, not enough for him to be mad at her and punish her for it. This isn't highschool or some boarding school that people get punished unnecessarily. She didn't eat anything in the morning too, zilch.

Annihilating the past brushing up the surface, she went back to thirty seventh page in an inebriated state and stellar of hunger.

He wanted to look away and allow her to wallow in her hunger but he couldn't, she should not get a whiff of his plan. If he acts like he doesn't care, she'd think he is already living in the past when the game just begun. "You can go bring my lunch and get yours, Ms. Adam."

Amirah beamed behind her laptop before she permit it to slip off her face then stood up just before a knock rap against the door and the person didn't wait for permission before barging inside making Amirah's heart to drop to her legs. No, it is not the sound of the knock or the door jolting open with graceful move that took off her breath. That is not what made Amirah's eyes round and the urge to sprint miles away from the office. The reason behind her sudden jolt is none other than;

The princess of Kano, her royal highness Falak Muhammad Ingawah wife to the crowned prince of Kano, Shaddad Sunusi Lamido.

"Do I need permission to walk in now, Imad?" Falak gave saccharine smile, her eyes falling on her younger brother while she strutted in looking awfully beautiful like always.