6; ROYAL MAID.

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

THREE YEARS LATER.

"Wake up, Ami. You have work to go to and not to forget about your one hour makeup." Amirah heard her sister, Afaf grumbling at her sleeping figure making her shoot up from the bed like the devils are chasing after her which they are. She needs to be at work and her sister is right, her one hour makeup awaits her. Ugh!

Her life is now a tumble which she is not even going to go deep into. All she can say is, she regrets some decisions she's took which makes her grow much older than her age. There are things she didn't want to do, things she regrets doing and things she hates doing but she had to do it for a person who is now dead. She hates how her life turned out to be, if only wishes were horses.

"Can I just die already?" She grumbled to her older sister whose feet are deep inside a bucket of what seems like cold water. She is writing exams and she won't sleep because of that, Amirah pities her sometimes but the girl is passionate about becoming a great lawyer some day.

"I can kill you if not that I'd be committing a huge crime. Now go and bath Najla before she starts fussing right now. Please help me feed her too, I need to finish this before afternoon. I have this tough exam coming up later." Afaf beseeched and went back to reading looking dishevelled in her old pajamas that has more holes than she will bother counting.

Amirah grunts but stood up from the mattress she lies on for the past two years. Life hasn't been good to her family, especially her. She's faced a lot of obstacles and is still trying to tackle some. She needs some rest to have a cool mind but that never happened, she's been working endless hours everyday making it hard for her to live life. If she's thought three years ago she was making a mistake of marrying, then she is not ready for the one she's faced after that.

After becoming a divorcee at a young age.

She made her way to the outside bathroom to take bath, the one that only has cement and nothing else then the white creamy toilet they squat on. She took that bath really quick then took her niece in her arms to give her a bath. That has been her routine even if her sister doesn't say it, she gives bath to her two and a half year old niece all the time. She hardly has time for herself if not for that cute baby, when she does, she works her sweat to pay off the bills lining up for them everyday which is why her sister is eager to finish schooling and hopefully, get real job.

Their mother died two years ago when she got diagnosed with breast cancer which spread rapidly before they could even blink. None of the therapies or medicines helped and not to forget about the massive amount of money they've spent for her medicines and hospital bills. They took her to a private one first which cause more complications to her. They didn't have enough money to send her to expensive private one so it was hectic for them then.

Everything was so crude and rowdy.

When they took her to the private one, she finally started recovering before everything went downhill for them again. It was as if life turned it's back on them and they couldn't keep up with the fact that their mother is going to die. The left side breast was removed but unknowingly, it has shoot to the right one so they had to remove both. Even after been breast less, she couldn't survive neither did she take any of the therapies. They were hopeless with no one to turn to except themselves.

Her family distanced themselves from them when they found out that she's left the one person that is rich in their family. They already are never by their side but after getting the fact that she is not with her husband anymore, they all yawed their backs at them which wasn't at all surprising to them. They had to tend to themselves all alone without money and none of them have real jobs, not even Arwa their eldest sister. She could do nothing about the tough situation.