14: JOB.

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

"Arwa ask you to flash her as soon as you come out." Afaf passed the phone to Amirah who stared at it like some alien, she hardly use the device, well, except when Arwa calls to tell them some improvement with her husband or when she wants to ask about Najla's wellbeing or how they are coping.

Seeing the smile on Afaf's face, Amirah knew it is only good news that await her so she didn't even bother waiting to apply her makeup before she dialed the number letting it ring for a few seconds then hung up. If she calls her from there, her credit will vanish before she finishes saying hello so they always flash Arwa and expect her to call back. She did that as soon as Amirah dropped the phone, she picked up the call and they exchanged pleasantries.

"Amimi, how are you and my baby Naji?" Was her first question eliciting a smile from Amirah's face, she misses her sister a lot.

"We are all fine and doing just great. What about you and Ya Aminu?" She asked right back, putting the phone on speaker to start applying her makeup or she gets late.

"You've got a job, girl! Tomorrow around eight in the morning, you should go to the Kilishi Enterprises and ask for Mallam Murtala, he will help you with the procedure. You are just going there to replace Aminu before we come back. You also need to dress well, please try to impress them enough to give you the job. The pay will help you guys a lot." Arwa's voice dropped an octave when she said the last, life hasn't been good to them for a long time.

Maybe this is the bright light they have been waiting for to illuminate their lives.

"Really?! Alhamdulillah, oh my God! I need to get some clothes that is. But how can I work there while working in the palace." Amirah feels trapped in web of trouble. On one hand, there is something big waiting for her and on the other, she has a signed contract with her signature.

"You will work there from seven in the morning to twelve then you can leave to the Palace. Can you make it work?" This time her brother in-law, Aminu was the one who talked.

"I will try. Thank you so much." She sighed, everything looks to be falling into place for her now. Or is it?!

She has a job now? She can even work hard and score herself a position there after her brother in-law comes back. She is going to impress them enough to get her own place in the company before he comes back, at least she should be permanent.

Well, it is worth the while since she knows about the Kilishis, they are good in business and it will be a great honour for her to work there first. She can't even wait for the next day to come, she should just borrow some clothes from Husna. She doesn't have enough money to buy some work clothes, she is ass broke. Thinking about buying clothes seems to be in the bottom of her list.

....

It has been a long day in the palace but Amirah could never be more happier that Imad is not home. He left as soon as she stepped her foot into the Palace making the whole day easier for her. She first went to Uzair to have her usual breakfast before she moved to the Chamber where she met the other girls massaging Usayma as she watch the television with no care of the world. She makes Amirah jealous of her for some reason before she composed herself.

The woman didn't look for trouble and rather was just quite. She only asked them to cook for her, do this and do that for her and that is it. Amirah couldn't be more grateful when it was time for her to leave already and Imad still isn't back. She made her way to the main Palace to talk to Uzair about their matter the day before, she is curious about what Imad will say about her. Will he insult her too like every other person?