15: FIRST DAY

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

"Well, you look a little fine." Said Afaf whilst hiding her grin when Amirah rolled her eyes. She knows from her comment that she looks beautiful, Afaf is not one to throw unnecessary words without meaning to it.

"What I'm I going to use to close my head or I'm I going like this?" Her question was sarcastic but she needs to know what they intend to do with that hair of hers that looks no less than an old bird's nest.

"Yeah, I've brought this small baby hijab from my drawer." Husna gave her a black hijab which she knew will match her sailor pants, they are already told she should match her clothes or she looks like a homeless fellow in the place, they don't want that.

"Thank you." She beamed when she slipped on the small hijab that only closed the hills on her chest, stopping at her upper abdomen, just perfect for her not to feel insecure about the buttons removing mistakenly.

"No, you won't go out like this. Let's pack your hair in a bun so it will make the hijab look more beautiful on you. You look like you tossed a plate of tuwo on your head." Husna laughed when Amirah's hands flew to touch her head, true to Husna's words, it feels like she dumped some hair on her head to make it that full. Gosh, she feels like she is not a woman knowing her head is like that.

"Ya Salam! I don't want to touch this hair. I haven't combed it since six months ago when Najla poured pap on my head." She stomped her feet like always before going to bring a comb from their broken drawer and water so she can dampen it first, she won't get that hair combed without it being saturated a little.

It is going to be hell for her!

Husna took the comb and ask her to sit between her legs so she can help her with it. She will cut a minimal amount of hair then dampen it before combing it through gently but Amirah still winced while massaging her scalp. After thirty minutes of her whines, winces and massage of scalp, they were finally done. She sprung to her feet immediately like the place she was sitting on yawed hot.

The girls were laughing at her while she could only glare but felt good. It feels like she is finally out of those nests and is now fresh. She can't remember the last time she felt fresh air gushing through her hairs, maybe since the time she was married to Imad but after that, she felt that there was no one she needs to do that to so she stopped all together.

Her hair is now in a bun, who would've thought she could ever have those hairs weaved through. She sighed, taking care of body is good but very very hard in her own terms. She hopes to never go through that torture ever again in this lifetime, she won't let it get tangled. And the worst of this, her hair became so short for that it only stand a bun not a sock one which she is used to, she needs relaxer. She don't want her natural curls now, it is a disaster.

"It's quarter after seven, be on your way." Afaf smiled showing her own support to her sister, her younger sister, her rock, her blood, her supporter, her inspirer and most of all, her role model.

Though to some, younger sisters can't be role models or even anyone younger than them but to her, her younger sister is her role model. Not even their older sister could surpass what the younger one did to them. She is the pillar of that family right from the beginning, the bringer of of hope, love and happiness in their home. She ruined her marriage because of something attached to her family, can anyone do that? Definitely not!

"I will just get something to eat from the woman outside. Take the two hundred for you and Najla, I can walk there." She pass the money she wanted to use as transport and gave her sister. The place is just twenty five minutes walk, she can manage that.