19: ERSTWHILE.

I dare you to comment on each paragraph, following anyone that does...

KILISHI ENTERPRISES.
10:03AM.

She tried swallowing her tears but couldn't and in the next three second, she started crying into her baby hijab. She is sure she's ruined her new pitch sailor pants, she loved those pants. It only makes her cry all the more at the thought of it tearing or worst, ripping into two. She started panicking, her face still hidden in her hijab because there are many people she doesn't want to see.

Imad is the one she will despise seeing at that moment and strange enough, she can't feel his eyes on her. Yes, she knows when Imad's eyes are on her and when they are not. Even when he was looking at her earlier in the office, she felt those tingles of birds chirping around her brain while her knees got jellied. But at that moment, she can't feel his eyes which unnerved her.

Him not staring at her means he doesn't give a damn about what is going on with her because he clearly knows that she is the one sitting helplessly on the floor. Almost every other member present in the room gasped when she tripped and all of them are now staring at her like she just declared being an avatar, it is so unnerving. She wants to yell at them to stop but her lips are glued except for the soft whimpers of humiliation.

Is it wrong for her to want him to help her up?

It's not like she can do it herself but apart from that, she wants him to come and do that like he always does, coming to her rescue. She knows how to look for trouble from her bullies back in school knowing they can't do anything as she has him by her side. Everyone is afraid to touch even a single strand of hair from her head, they won't sleep well. In fact, no one could dare point at her, she was Imad's baby girl.

She enjoyed her highschool when he was there, and after he left, nothing was the same anymore. The bullies still never try bullying her but her circle of friends betrayed her because of jealousy and envious minds. They couldn't separate her from him but she did it herself, small world. Most of them are laughing at her now, that is all they've ever wished for from the beginning.

"Are you okay?" She heard someone ask from above her, hauling her away from her memory lane.

And that person is someone she never expected to see, not there at least. She didn't want to recognise whose voice it is but she is forced to hearing the gentleness and love the voice has always had for her. The person she won't ever think about hating even though she's tried her whole time to push them away no matter how much they push themselves into her life. She made sure they have no way to contact her and it sure hurts seeing everyone pulling away from her all because of her demons.

The owner of the voice is none other than Kamilah, her old long lost friend. Both Kamilah and Lateefah were persistent on getting to know what happened between her and Imad so she pushed them away from her to not let them open the buried wounds. Amirah would've told them since that isn't her problem but she don't want people trying to see the darkness she has in her. She also cant afford letting the façade get ruined. The girls loved her, that is not a secret and that is why she didn't want to bring them close.

"Yeah, thank you." She mumbled then took the outstretched hand Kamilah is offering because even if she doesn't want to take it, she knew she can't stand up on her own.

"Come have a seat." And she guided her to the empty space she has been looking at, it feels like ages ago since she walked into the office. What on earth was she looking at that she tripped on a wire? And she thought everything has been set right but no, she just had to visit the ground on worst times.