29: ITALY CALLING.

Comment on each chapter for update tomorrow❤

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

"We are going to Italy! Oh man, I have been too good for my boss to turn me down." Lateefa hooted, jumping from her seat on the floor in Amirah's mini room to the mattress to help Amirah 'chose' clothes fit for Italy.

"I can't wait to go there too. I didn't ask for the exact location but I hope Abdul will be able to meet me there. You know he went for his masters there right?" Kamilah also sounds excited, folding a boot cut pants in Amirah's luggage - Lateefa brought it for her when she said she didn't have any and don't know how to tell her boss. Lateefa said she should borrow it but she won't collect it when they come back, she does not need it like Amirah does.

She also don't want Imad to look down on Amirah in anyway.

"It's going to be so much fun." Lateefa giggled again, throwing away a tattered baby hijab, earning a glare from Amirah herself for throwing away her clothes so shamelessly around the room.

It'd get pigsty with everything she is doing had she not stopped her ages ago. It is already annihilated by the rain.

Afaf and Najla are not home, she went to school with her and won't be back till two in the afternoon. They got the morning off work to set out for their trip to Italy the next day and since the girls are done packing their own clothes in excitement, they decided to help Amirah out with her own so she can stop kvetching about packing and not wanting to leave the country with them on this joyous trip that comes once in a century. They've been working in the company for a while and never heard such opportunity so they won't miss it for the world.

When the duo walked into the room Amirah shares with her sister and niece, they scrunched their brows in pity and worry which she acts like she didn't see. She knew they were going to react like that after seeing how badly their lives had changed in the past three years. When her mother was alive, life wasn't as hard but now, it is bitter and acerbic. How could she even think about resting when so much is on her shoulders at that moment? A lot more to do and close up like a damn clock around.

Even if they don't have debts, she will have to get them a new place to stay where it'll be good for their niece. Najla deserves somewhere she can happily play with her toys, roam around freely, perfect place with equally flawless hygiene. They do keep the room clean, extremely clean at that with the help of Husna who helps with some incense burner they use twice a week making their room smell nice and amazing.

If they can't decorate it, they should permit if to smell nice and look as good as it could be. The galore won't matter much if they do have everything to settle in their stomachs.

"I don't know why I don't share the vibe with you guys. I don't want to be the party pooper." Amirah sighed, plopping her head on the worn out pillow that looks flat now but enough for someone to know they are placing their heads on something.

In reality, she does not want to go abroad with Imad after what has happened in the past. The experience she's had was not pleasant and it is one she never wishes to revive but it is happening yet again only that this time around, it is with her two best friends and other companions. This time around, there is no relationship between the two of them, no marriage or anything connecting them together but pure work that needs utter professionalism.

"You will share it once you see how Italy looks like and not Chicago. Man, I already browsed the place and I am deeply in love already. Three days in that heaven and I won't think I ever lived in Nigeria." Lateefa bounced again, closing the suitcase with her both hands, pressing hard on it knowing she's filled it with more clothes than necessary.