18: UNFORESEEN.

KILISHI ENTERPRISES.
9:00AM.

"Ms. Adam, come here." He called, and like a robot, she stood up as though a magnet is drawing her to him very quick.

"Yes, Sir?" She inclined her head to the side letting her hands fold behind her underneath her butt to look professional. Well, that is how they do it when they are called by any of the Royals so she thought about doing it too.

"Here, make sure all the power points are sorted out. These should be proofread and retyped then print them out and arrange them alphabetically in that shelf." He pointed his index finger at the black shelf that is almost empty. The files he gave her are enough to have it filled, it is no small shelf.

"Yes, Sir." And she took the stack of files, more than half of the ones Mr. Obese just brought. She could already feel the weight of the work having to proofread and retype everything is going to take a toll on her. Can she even work in the Palace after getting drained here by afternoon?

"And we are going to the meeting right now." He called after her just as she placed the files on her table. She just wanted to get this over with, she won't finish them all before afternoon so she will just have to try to do at least quarter of those so they will see how hardworking she is. She can't afford letting her position get ruined, no matter what.

"Sure." She drawled while standing up straight to adjust her hijab which has shifted up to the side showing off the whole of her tortilla blouse.

She watch as he arranged the files in front of him after checking the headlines of a few files before clicking something on his MacBook then took his phone. Gulping down a lump in her throat when she saw him adjusting the buttons of his suit, his muscles bulged behind those clothes. She looked away quickly when he stand straight and started rounding the desk to come to where she is, well, to make his way to the door.

Following behind, he left the floor to the elevator where a tensed silence between them thickened with maladroit sobering up her thoughts. She kept squirming and unfortunately, no one walked into the elevator with them. The silence is so thick and palpable, asphyxiating her, at that moment, it's like she has claustrophobia angering her for being so weak when the man in question is stern.

Another surprise also waited for her there in the meeting, too much surprises she didn't like.

True love is hard to. Love is all about giving to other person without greed of gaining anything in return, if other person rejects it, its him or her who will be losing the most important thing in life. So never feel dejected.

But why does he feel dejected that his first wife left him to tend to himself when she promised to always be with him through tough times. She's promised to love him, support him and always be there for him when he needs someone but what happened? She betrayed him like no other has ever done. She left him after backstabbing him, to fend for his self while his heart bleed down with trails illuminating the way for his broken soul.

He has been betrayed by two of his friends during highschool years, he almost slipped to depression because they were his best friends. They managed to play him real good by using their fake advises and houses where they could go and play. He found out that they are terrorists and wanted to only get close to him so they can rub him or more like rub off his father through him. If they only wanted money, it would've been easier to get them off his back but no.

They wanted the throne as they work with his father's enemies and they think the throne can be theirs after they kill all the royal families, it was scandalous. Everyone was shook around the palace, more securities were sent to guard the castle for six months. The tight security makes it hard for just any random person to walk in and go out when they want to. Even the guards have some thumb print test they undergo before coming into the main palace, it is off limit for many guards and maids except the most trusted and loyal ones.