4; IMPUDENCE.

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

"Hey, we need to go see my mom before we leave. I totally forgot about that, let's go." Imad announced walking into the room to find her packing all the last touches of their things in the many luggage they are taking along with them to Chicago. She's been anxious about the whole leaving the country so she is checking her list again to tick them off.

"What? You didn't find it important to tell me that I'm meeting my mother in-law till few minutes before it happens? How can you be so irresponsible, Oreo? I can't even go there with these clothes, let me go and change first." She whined and stomped her way to the closet to change into more deserving outfit to see her mother in-law, not to forget that that mother in-law is the Queen of Kano so there is no room for mistake or untidiness at all. Maybe she should use that first impression matter

"I'm sorry, my love." She heard him call out from the living room making her roll her eyes and start searching for something charming to wear. Something she could pass as the ideal daughter in-law, leaving a trail of innocence.

She removed one of the ankaras in her closet and decided that it is the perfect one to meet her mother in-law with for the first time. They didn't carry out the Fulani tradition for the wedding or she would've seen her. The wedding took place just like any Hausa family like her. She thanked God for that though, they don't have the money to go through with those traditions. The way she heard it from Imad, her intestine churned but was more than elated when they say they are not carrying out with it.

Since the wedding was fixed in just a month's time when it got arranged, they didn't have time to do a lot of things. Imad needs to go back to school with her so everything was rushed and no event took place which didn't bother her one bit. All she knew is that she is married to the love of her life, her best friend and also her Oreo. They love each other and clashed right from the beginning so dating and getting engaged was easy.

Their weird nicknames came from their fetish for those goodies. She loves Oreo while he love Gummy bears so they exchanged it to their nicknames. That is one of the perks of being best friends before getting into serious relationship. They knew every weird thing about each other and could play around without anyone getting hurt in process. They are used to those harmless fights, insult here and there.

Back to her outfit, she removed embellished green and red ankara styled into a skirt, the blouse is sewn into a mandarin collar and circular flounce sleeves. She looked nice so she removed a red wide veil after making sure her head tie won't fall off no matter how many weird moves she'd make. Her feet slipped into red slippers and didn't bother taking a bag, she has nothing to put in there, her phone isn't heavy.

"I'm ready." She called out, walking out of the closet whilst adjusting the red veil around her shoulder like those married women do. It is not as wide as she thought but modest enough to visit her mother in-law.

"You look ravishing." Imad gave her a once over then moved slowly like a predator to it's prey. He just can't keep his hands to himself, not after he's got a taste of his love. Not after the night of passion they spent in each others arms keeping their adventure alive till deep into the vespers.

She nervously breathed out seeing his eyes raking over her body. He never fails to make her feel beautiful, gorgeous, giddy and anxious at the same time. The way his eyes are now combing and scouring her out, she felt her body on fire. She bit her lip glossed lower lip while trying her best to not look him in the eyes but it's Imad they are talking about, the man has some hidden charm that always draw and bewitch her in all the darn time.