16: DESTRUCTION.

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

"You are leaving so soon? I haven't even told the maids to prepare breakfast for you." Usayma mumbled from the bed, her eyes closed with sleep but hearing Imad's nonchalant whereabout not caring what she feels or if she wakes up because of it. The guy is that selfish.

"I don't have time for that." His words were curt, adjusting the buttons of his linen coloured button up shirt and standing the collar to put the tie around her neck.

Today is his second day at work, the day before was not in his luck since he left immediately after the afternoon strikes. One of his friends called him to join them in some restaurant where he almost ordered some liquor but stopped at the last minute not wanting to make it too obvious that he has changed a lot like people kept saying. Not that they are wrong, but they do know how to exaggerate.

The rumours flared around the Palace like wild fire that he caused some problem around the Royals which makes the atmosphere in the Palace tensed and maladroit. He is the cause of it all, the people there are walking on thin ice around him. He is close to being put in his place, they are just watching him from afar for now.

And then he got furious when his friends, Jabir and Salim try getting him to go see someone because he didn't tell them he is married and has no space for anyone emotionally. They were doing all the talking while he stayed behind and quite or he'd slip out so many colourful words at his friends. He doesn't even know what they do but found out Salim works in his father's company, Kilishi Enterprises. Imad thought it was some sort of destiny joke, he hates it.

He came back and almost hit some maid who feels awfully familiar but neither was her face any familiar nor was her voice. She looked too helpless when he saw her sitting there making him mad since he hated seeing anyone trying to look handicapped when they are not. He hates when women are like that especially which is why he likes the thought of being married to Usayma. She is bold and daring, like he likes them now.

Anything that does not look or feel like his first wife, is very good to him.

But she didn't act like one in front of his family though he could sense why. His family members can he intimidating, they will look like they are about to eat you whole. He felt her squirms, her glares and all that but he has no right to talk there. All faults are pointing towards him then Huzaif had to go all older brother and demand that he open some wound he refuse to let unimpeded, he doesn't wish to do that ever.

"You heard what the doctor said those years so you must eat before you leave!" Usayma grumbled and stood up wearing some silky nightgown with one strap sleeves and plunging neckline showing almost all her mounds but he felt nothing.

Ya Subhan' Allah, Amirah has ruined him.

"Don't act like my mother right now. I said I don't want to eat, who are you to say otherwise?" He rose a brow from the mirror, already finished wearing his Tom Ford pitch black suit that accentuated his narrow waist and broad chest. He looks way older than his age of twenty two, almost twenty three.

"It's not you that I'm going to listen to but I refuse to stay with you when you get sick." She declared, leaving the room in process to not hear another side of Imad's childish banter. She just had to make sure he is not sick, apart from that, she doesn't care.

She asked one of the maids to cook breakfast for him and they could only watch seeing she is half naked, she didn't care. Tapping on her foot while standing by the door to the master bedchamber in case if Imad comes and try to outsmart her like he always does. She will just push the food into his car and leave it there for him. She could see the short of maids though, one isn't there.