Chapter 8: Learning to Understand

"I don't have clothes for you yet, so just wear this until I order you some" Aizawa said, handing the boy a shirt. 

Y/N was currently spinning in circles with toilet paper wrapped around his neck, he was playing hero now. 

Chelsea was focused on catching the end of the toilet paper. 

"Alright kid, time for your bath" Aizawa sighed, he didn't think taking the kid in was a good idea. He had zero experience on taking care of a child as young as Y/N is, and he wasn't exactly ready to be a 'father figure'. 

He watched as Y/N's leg got caught on the toilet paper and tumbled to the floor, Chelsea jumping up and sitting on his back a second later.

"Just until we track down his parents" Aizawa whispered to himself, walking over and lifting the child up into his arms. 

Aizawa had thought Y/N could take a bath unsupervised, but had a hunch to check on him anyway. Only to see Y/N underwater, trying to become one with the bubbles. 

Once he was clean and changed, Y/N sat on the floor in front of the TV. Aizawa sat on the couch, Chelsea jumping off the cushion to be with her new friend on the ground. 

There was a commercial of a new Rollercoaster opening at the amusement park. Y/N got up and ran to the TV, pointing at it and looking back at Aizawa with sparkling eyes. 

"That's a Rollercoaster" Aizawa stated. Y/N tilted his head and looked back at the ride, watching as it went in circles and flips.

"I think it's time for bed" Aizawa said after a moment, turning the TV off and taking hold of Y/N's hand. Y/N waddled after the hero with Chelsea on his heels. 

"You'll sleep in the guest room, we'll have it decorated later" Aizawa explained while opening the door. Y/N peaked inside the room, walking over to the bed and crawling into the covers. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then" Aizawa said awkwardly, closing the door. Chelsea walked into the room last second before the dark room was left in deafening silence. 

Y/N continued to stare at the door, waiting for the hero to come back. Chelsea jumped onto the bed, looking at the boy with her blue eyes. 

Y/N sniffed quietly and looked around the room. He left panda in the living room and didn't have time to grab him. And he was scared, he didn't understand why Aizawa had left him here, did he do something wrong? 

Y/N continued to rub at his eyes while Chelsea went closer to the boy. Y/N looked to the side and hugged the cat closely. 

There was a tap on the window and Y/N snapped his attention to the noise, only seeing a tree branch tapping against it. 

And Y/N was terrified of the closet too. 

Y/N got off the bed and pranced to the door with Chelsea in his arms. He opened the door and looked into the dark hallway, he remembered where he saw Aizawa's room since he took his pants. 

Y/N quietly went through the hallway and into the sleeping heroes room, peaking his head in before walking in. He stood at the foot of the bed for a few moments before jumping up, continuing to stay at the end of the bed. 

Aizawa woke up and looked over at the boy, sighing in annoyance from being woken up. 

"Go back to bed kid" Aizawa grumbled out of tiredness. Y/N shifted a little, looking towards Aizawa while keeping his head against the covers.

Aizawa looked up to Y/N starring at him curiously. 

"why won't he let me stay?" Y/N thought, watching as the hero groaned and sat up on his bed. 

"Kid, go to your bed now" Aizawa said, pointing to the door. Y/N shrunk in on himself before getting off the bed and slowly walking out of the room. Chelsea followed after the boy closely and Aizawa was mentally scolding himself for sounding harsh. He was just tired and didn't know how to handle someone like Y/N. He really didn't think this was a good idea. 

Y/N walked back to the room and shut the door after the black cat walked in. Instead of going into the blankets, Y/N grabbed his jacket from before and slipped it on, zipping it over his cursed marks. 

He crawled under the bed and hugged himself, crying softly so he wouldn't make Aizawa mad by waking him again. 

Chelsea mewed and went under the bed as well, snuggling into Y/N. Y/N immediately threw his arms around Chelsea and put his face into her soft fur. 

He couldn't help but feel like he didn't belong, he was only causing trouble. He didn't mean to, he was new to everything going on around him. 

Y/N laid there for a few minutes before he heard the door creak open. 

"Y/N?" Aizawa whispered, looking at the empty bed. Aizawa had a small panic before seeing the black tail of his cat under the bed. He sighed and kneeled down, peering under the bed to see the boy. 

"Hey, come on out" Aizawa comforted, sticking his hand out a little as if he were coaxing him. Y/N hugged Chelsea closer and averted his eyes from the hero. He probably woke him up again, so Y/N was guilty. 

"Look kid, I'm sorry about that. I've never been in this situation before, I don't even think I'm good enough to take care of you. I know that's not your fault, and I shouldn't have snapped at you for just being a kid" Aizawa explained. 

Y/N shifted his gaze to the hero, waiting to see what he would do. 

"So come on out, and we can go get some donuts" Aizawa said with a smile, reaching behind him and holding out a candy. A peace offering that Y/N had relied on ever since he left the lab. 

Y/N let Chelsea go and crawled out from under the bed, rubbing his tears away with his jacket sleeve. He didn't even know what donuts were.

And instead of taking the candy from the hero, he threw his arms around him for a hug instead. 

And Aizawa promised from then on, he would be the best he could for Y/N. Not just as a temporary guardian, he would be there for Y/N like any permanent parent would. Because Y/N has never experienced that before. 

Aizawa chuckled and hugged him back, lifting him up so the duo could go out and get donuts. 

Y/N looked up at Aizawa and smiled from under the jacket.