Chapter 18: A New Encounter

Y/N limped beside Aizawa through the hospital. He was using his walking stick while Aizawa slowed his pace down so he wouldn't leave the boy behind. He had offered to carry Y/N, but he denied and wanted to practice walking again. 

"You're going to meet someone today. She's really shy, so be patient okay?" Aizawa reminded. Y/N nodded a little, focusing more on moving his legs while looking at ground, trying not to step on the lines. 

He actually wasn't listening to a word his caretaker was saying, he thought the hospital visit was another one of his checkups so he chose to ignore everything around him. 

They finally made it to the room, Aizawa took a deep breath before slowly opening the door. 

"Eri, I brought someone with me" Aizawa said, stepping into the room after opening the door a little wider. 

Y/N tilted his head and peaked his head into the room. He saw a girl with red eyes and a horn on her head. 

'Is she a unicorn?' 

Eri visibly tensed at the new face and Y/N was trying to figure out why a random girl was in his checkup room. Y/N wobbled into the room and closer to the bed, Eri yelped and jumped to the ground, hiding behind the side of the bed. 

Y/N tiled his head and kneeled down on the other side, both of them popping their heads out at the same time to investigate. Eri ducked down again and Y/N did the same, thinking this was another game. 

"Who- who is that?" Eri asked suddenly, peaking out again, Y/N only peaking up to his eyes this time. 

"This is Y/N. He's-" Aizawa started but hesitated on the next part. He sighed and continued. "I'm taking care of him for a little
while." 

"Why does he have a stick?" 

"He got hurt, and needs it to help him walk." 

Y/N lifted his arms up to the hero, signaling to be picked up. He couldn't get up from the floor by himself yet. Aizawa walked over and picked Y/N up, setting him on the bed. Eri hesitantly got up as well, sitting back on the bed. 

The two kids looked at each other for a little, before Y/N pulled out a lollipop for the girl. 

"How do you keep smuggling candy with you-" Aizawa started but dropped the topic when he saw Eri take it curiously.

The door suddenly opened, two figures marching in. 

"Eri! Oh, and Y/N's here too!" Midoriya exclaimed, looking at the boy that was also on the bed. 

"Hello!!" Mirio yelled, prancing in and looking at the new face. 

"I'm Mirio, it's nice to meet you" Mirio greeted, lifting his hand for the boy to shake. Y/N squinted his eyes at the offered hand. 

He was showing his hand to him, but there was no candy being offered. Was it invisible? 

Y/N grabbed Mirio's hand, turning it a little so he could see what he was trying to give him. 

"....huh?" Mirio questioned while still smiling brightly. 

"He's, still figuring things out" Aizawa explained, shaking his head at Y/N's actions. 

"Shake the hand. Like this" Eri said, grabbing Y/N's hand and giving him a handshake.

'What a boring game'

Y/N crossed his arms into an X, muttering a weak "Okaka" to Mirio, while shaking his head. There was no need for such physical contact when it wasn't needed.

"I heard your voice got really hurt from that fight. I'm really sorry I caused that to happen. But you saved both me and Kota back there, so thank you" Midoriya apologized, bowing his head. 

Y/N hummed, burrowing under the covers like a bunny. Eri watched timidly while the older ones in the room watched in amusement. 

Eri soon joined the younger boy when he kept tugging on her hand. They spent the rest of the day in that hospital room, Aizawa having to stop Y/N from attempting to sneak Eri out on many occasions. 

~🍙~

Y/N was slowly getting his voice back as the days went by. He was still limping, but he no longer walked with his walking stick. The doctors said they didn't know if Y/N would lose his limp as time went by, but it might be able to be fixed with surgery some time in the future.

But they were still cautious with Y/N's heart, having to keep a close eye on it. 

Y/N limped beside Aizawa as they walked to the hospital. Eri was allowed to leave, and Aizawa said he was going to take her in to live with them, much to Y/N's joy.

"You excited?" Aizawa asked, looking down at Y/N.

"Salmon" Y/N said with a nod, holding Aizawa's hand as they walked. Y/N yawned, the hero letting out a chuckle before picking the child up. Y/N leaned his head on Aizawa's shoulder, closing his eyes moments later. 

Aizawa made it to the hospital, going up to Eri's room. She visibly lit up when she saw the two, her eyes immediately directing to the sleeping Y/N. 

"Are you ready to go then?" Aizawa asked, looking at the girl. 

"Yes" she answered, getting up from the bed. She had already changed into the clothes the hero provided for her a few days ago, it was a simple dress that reached a little passed her knees. 

Y/N woke up and turned his head to look at his new bestie. He squealed and wiggled out of Aizawa's arms, wobbling towards Eri and hugging her. She immediately hugged him back, having missed him greatly. Even if they saw each other only the day before. 

"I already filled out the paperwork. Ready to go home?" Aizawa asked, looking at the embracing kids. 

"Yeah, let's go" Eri answered, looking at Y/N with a few tears forming in her eyes.

She finally had a place to call home. 

Y/N grabbed her hand, and lead the way out of the room. Even if he had no idea where he was going.