Chapter 6

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

We pulled back up at the coast guard, there was a huge crowd of people. In the distance we could see a man on a hospital bed being wheeled out of the water. A lady ran up to his lifeless body crying.

"Who's that?" John B asked the girl we were standing next to.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm" the blonde girl said.

"Check out this pic I got, dead body" she held out her phone.

I cringed at the picture.

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked.

"Somehow, that dirt bag coped a brand-new Grady-White" she said.

We all looked at each other thinking the same thing. It was the boat we had stumbled on earlier.

"Everyone is out looking for it"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We were back at the chateau. John B was flipping a bottle around whilst I sat in the middle of JJ and Kie. Pope was pacing up and down.

"Okay, so, um... we didn't see anything" he panted.

"We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia"

"Actually, Pope's right for once" we all looked at JJ.

"See I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny" he stood up walking near John B.

"Guys we can't keep that money" Kie said.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" JJ sighed.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs, otherwise, it's bad karma" she said.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too" Pope spoke up.

"If that means we get to keep the money then I agree" I smiled.

"I don't agree" John B looked at me.

I looked back at JJ and saw his jaw clench.

"Why" i scrunched up my face.

"Just think about it, this is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole" John B said.

I shrugged at JJ.

"Shit one time I saw this dude begging for change in the save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more then 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a Grady-White? Just saying" John B held up his hands in defence.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

We were on the dock of John B's house. Kie and John B were sat on the fence whilst JJ and Pope were fishing. I was sat next to JJ watching him fish.

"alright so think about it, Pope" John B started.

"How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" He paused.

"Prostitution, square groupers, Bro. Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean, JJ?" We all went and looked at JJ.

"They were straight smugglin'" JJ said.

"Smugglin', and I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck"