Chapter 25

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

"Hey, do you want to come and get ready at mine, for Midsummers?" Kie asked as we sat in Heyward's still.

I nodded "I just need to get my dress from mine"

She nodded and we walked out linking arms.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"This is disgusting" Kie looked at herself In the mirror.

"I know. It's just horrible. I'm asking you to relax and go to a fun party" her mom joked.

"I look like a bourgeoisie pig" she looked at me making me laugh.

I was sat at the desk doing my makeup.

"Will you please not worry about socioeconomic injustice for one night?" Her mom came into the room.

"Mom, people not three miles from here have no power, no running water and we're going to Midsummers. That's so tone-deaf" she groaned.

"Do you know how hard we had to work to get into the Island Club?"

"Yeah, mom. How could I forget? You had to grovel for, like, ten years-"

"-twelve, and we also had to cough up a huge chunk of dough, and do you know why we did that?"

"To keep up with the Joneses?"

"No. So you could have the experiences that I had as a child. Honey, do you know what the Island Club is?"

"It's a factory farm for debutantes"

"It is a nice place, with nice people, where you can do fun stuff"

"With out-of-touch rich people, while the island sinks slowly into the ocean"

"Okay, I want you to put on your party face, Kie, if you wanna live. Plus Taylor is going with you this year, you can have fun together!" She smiled at me then left the room.

"I'm gonna put my dress on" I smiled getting up and grabbing the bag.

I walked into her bathroom and put the dress on.

(A/N If you don't like it then imagine something else, but don't attack me, I was looking for 40 mins 🥲)

I walked out with in the dress and fixed the flower crown in my hair.

"If only JJ could see you like this" I heard Kira say.

I giggled.