Chapter 19

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

Me and JJ turned up at the wreck. The others were waiting outside for us.

"Why are you two together?" Pope raised his eyebrows at us.

"We're friends. Are friends not allowed to hang out with each other" I said closing the car door.

"They are, but you too look sus" he questioned us.

"Nope, same old, same old" I smiled.

We started to walk inside and John B put his arm around me.

"What a nice shade of lipstick you and JJ both have on" he patted my back laughing.

I froze in fear.

"Don't worry, we all knew something was gonna happen at some point" he laughed dragging me to catch up with the others.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry" Kie giggled.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now" JJ practically moaned.

"We just ate" I furrowed my brows.

"Your moms food was lovely, but I'm a growing boy. I eat a lot" I smiled pulling me into his side.

"Hey dad" Kie said as we walked into The Wreck.

The boys went to the back whilst I went to go to her dad with her. Her dad liked me, the boys... not so much.

"Hey"

"How'd we do?" She asked him.

"Didn't turn it over once" he sighed.

"It's probably just bad luck because of the storm" Kie engulfed him into a hug.

"Yeah. I'll be sure to tell the banks that"

"Hey Taylor" he greeted me.

"Hey Mr C" I smiled back.

"Guess now is not the best time to ask for free food for me and my friends?" She smiled at her dad.

He sighed. "Look at them. They're greedy pelicans. I told you to stop hanging around them"

"Well, everybody's at the Kook Academy hates me, dad"

"Cause you never gave them a chance"

"I did give them a chance. They got all stuck up. They care more about shoes than surfing what am I supposed to do with that"

"These are my friends" she looked back at JJ, Pope and John B.

John B and Pope waved. JJ awkwardly threw up a piece sign making me giggle at his cuteness.