Chapter 43

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

After last night, Kie drove us back to the wreck and we stayed there for the night. We joined the tables together and used them as beds.

I was laying next to JJ but when I woke up he wasn't there. I slowly sat up and looked around. I saw him staring out of the window.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around round his back. He turned around and hugged me back.

We heard footsteps approaching us. Pope had woken up and had come to join us.

"He's pinched for sure, man" JJ said.

"No, they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him" Pope looked out the window.

You could still hear the sirens of cop cars driving around.

"Let's hope" JJ hugged me tighter.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too" Kie said.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B" I said.

I looked at them all and they nodded agreeing with my idea. They then told me how they had arranged to send John B and Sarah to Mexico. I nodded at the plan.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asked.

Pope grabbed JJ's bike keys and started to walk away.

"Pope?"

"I'm getting gas for the boat"

"Hey, you be careful" Kie said to him.

He stopped and looked at her.

He then turned to me and JJ, ignoring her, to say "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late"

He then left.

Kie then walked out the door and followed him.

Me and JJ both gave each other confused glances.

"What's up with them?" He asked.

"I don't know, but I don't want to miss it" I said grabbing his hand and pulling him to follow them.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings!" Kie shouted.

Pope wasn't listening, instead he revved the engine of JJ's bike.

"What was that?" He teased.

"Look, I didn't mean to-"

She was cut off by him revving the engine again.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?"

"Pope, I'm being serious-"

He revved it again making me and JJ laugh at his pettiness.

"I'm trying to talk to you!" She shouted.