Chapter 29

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kie asked.

John B had told us all to meet at The Wreck because he had some 'news to tell us'. After his accident he was ok, he had only come off with a hairline fracture, but his arm was in a cast.

"Tannyhill" John B said making me scoff.

"Of course you're staying with her" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out" John B groaned.

"And it's way better then foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't-"

"So do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope interrupted.

"I don't know, Pope"

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ asked.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" I joined in on the boys joke.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her" Kie shook her head.

"Bro, just own it. She got you" JJ said.

"Look, if you want to hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah" Kie said.

"Neither will I" I spoke up.

"Do you guys see her here?" John B asked.

We all went silent.

"No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it" JJ said.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed" Kie looked at the map.

"So we just have to look for the landmarks that haven't changed" Pope said.

"What about the old forts?" John B asked.

"Battery Jasper" Kie pointed.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"We're in Battery, right here" Pope pointed on the map.

We had driven to this 'Battery Jasper' place. But to be honest, we were in the middle of nowhere.

"So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here" Pope pointed.

"Somewhere over there" I raised my finger.

"Right"

"Over there? Guys, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision" JJ pointed.

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time" John B spoke up.

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall" Pope pointed at the map.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Okay, so the road should split up here" Pope looked at the map from the front of the van. We were looking for the wall now.