Chapter 20

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

It was a little later in the day. Me and JJ decided to help Pope and his dad deliver the groceries for people around the island for extra cash.

"You guys get these groceries over to figure 8. Get straight back here when you're done. No fishing" Heyward looked at the boys.

"I'm leaving you in charge, Taylor. I promised delivery by this afternoon. Rich folks don't wanna waist for you lazy sons of..." Heyward paused when he saw JJ holding out his hands to take the bags he was passing to us.

"Oh, JJ, thank you. Sons of bitches" he finished his sentence.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"It doesn't even look like the storm hit here" Pope said as we drove passed figure 8.

"That's because they got generators, bro. Get used to it" JJ said from my side.

"They said the juice will be out all summer at the cut" I sighed.

"It must be nice to be a Kook" Pope said looking at me.

"I didn't choose to be a Kook" i put my hands up in defence.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

JJ went off on his own whilst I went and helped Pope. We walked passed the golf course when we were approached by Rafe and Topper.

"Hey, what's up" Rafe said walking up to us.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Hey, how much for one of those beers?"

Me and Pope tried to keep walking but Rafe held out his gold club in front of us to stop us.

"They're not for sale" Pope said.

"Oh, wait, wait. You can just give us one, then. Right?" Rafe pushed.

"Or you can order one, like everybody else" Pope told them.

"Listen. Wait, wait. You're not listening to me. Um... you've got so many, and we've got nothing" Rafe explained.

"Why don't you just go and ask your daddy, he seems to buy you what you want" I sassed.

Rafe walked up to me and put his hand on my cheek. He caressed my cheek and looked me in the eye. I slapped his hand away from my face.

"We've got a feisty one over here" Rafe chuckled to Topper.

"Nope, i'm just trying to earn some extra cash. So excuse us. We have to go deliver these" I said holding up the groceries.

"You probably already stole them" Rafe put his hold club into one of the bags Pope was holding and ripped it, causing all of the food to fall out.

"What the hell. You owe me for that!" Pope yelled.

Rafe then knocked the back out of my hand.

"What the Fuck!" I yelled.

"I don't owe you shit, Pogue"

"Buy your own shit!" Pope shoved Rafe.

"Pope!" I called out running up to him.

"We just want one of these beers" Topper yanked the box from my hand causing me to fall to the floor.

"Shit, my bad" Topper said looking down at me on the floor.

I had cut my leg and my head.

"Taylor!" Pope called out.