Chapter 36

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland" Sarah said as we arrived at the dodgy part of OBX.

"I don't know about this, man" Pope looked out the window.

We pulled up outside of a caravan, which I assume belonged to Barry, but I've never been to this side of town before.

"Why are we at Barry's?" John B asked JJ.

"This'll only take a second" he said getting out of the van.

He closed the door and walked towards Barry's house. We all sat in a awkward silence in the car.

"Where you going?" John B broke the silence.

"Yo soy justicia" JJ answered.

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked.

"You know somebody should probably-"

"Yeah, I got it" John B interrupted Kie.

He got out of the van and looked at me with a sympathetic smile. He then followed JJ into the house.

A few minutes had passed and we had all gotten out of the van because it was too hot.

Sarah, Pope, Kie and I stood in a uncomfortable silence waiting for the boys to come back.

"All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that, y'all" JJ walked out with a black bag of cash in his hand.

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kie asked.

"This Barry guy is gonna find out. And he's gonna come after us" Sarah said.

"Yes, he will. This is not the time to start wilin' out" Pope added.

"How'd you like havin' a gun pulled on you?" JJ asked us.

I looked between him and the group. There was tension in the air and I hated it. I wrapped my arms around myself to comfort me.

"Relax" John B got in his face.

"He had it right here on you, bro" JJ pointed in his face.

"Look. We've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back" John B tried to snatch the bag from JJ.

JJ shoved him up the car making me flinch from his sudden actions. I have never seen JJ like this before. Maybe I didn't know him as well as I thought I did.

"JJ" I barely whispered.

I couldn't talk.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh? You're scaring Taylor!" John B pointed at me.

JJ looked back at me and I stared into his eyes. The way he looked at me was a look I don't want to ever see again.

"Don't bring her into this" JJ gritted his teeth.