Chapter 18

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

It was a dinner time in the evening now. It was the night that I had been dreading the most. JJ was coming for dinner. Don't get me wrong I am excited to see him, but I'm not excited for my mum to interrogate him.

I put on a white ruffle dress with spaghetti straps. I brushed my hair and did some light make up. I heard my door bell ring indicating that JJ was here.

"I'll get it" I called down to my mom.

I ran downstairs and opened the door and saw him standing there in more formal clothes then he would normally wear. He was still quite casual tho.

"Hey" I smiled hugging him.

"Thank you for coming" I whispered in his ear.

We pulled away.

"Wow, you look gorgeous" he kept his hands on my waist.

"Thank you" I smiled.

We was interrupted by my mom cleaning her throat.

"Taylor are you not going to introduce me to our guest" she smiled.

"Mom this is JJ Maybank" I said.

He held his hand out and she shook it.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs Smith" he smiled.

"Please, call me Maria" she smiled back.

"I prepared food in the kitchen, I'm not much of a cook" she said leading us though to the kitchen.

"It's looks great" he smiled.

I sat down and JJ sat next to me. My mom at the head of the table.

"So JJ, what's life like? Being a Pogue and all" she smiled.

"Mom..."

JJ looked at me and smiled.

"It's actually alright. Apart from the fact we have no water or electricity at the moment. But I enjoy the Pogue life" he smiled.

"How did you guys become, such great friends" she said picking up the salad.

"Uh, me and JJ met in 4th Grade, through John B" I smiled.

"How lovely"

"Your home is quiet exquisite, Mrs Smith" JJ said in a slight posh accent making me snort.

"Sorry" I apologised.

"Thank you, JJ. It's only me and Taylor now tho. My second husband, Mr Smith, he's no longer with us" my mother sighed.

I tensed at the thought of my abusive step-dad. JJ grabbed my hand under the table and caressed his fingers over mine.

"What about your family?" She asked him.

"Uh yeah, my mom left when I was young, and my dad, erm, he's super nice, he lets me do what ever I want really" JJ smiled.

I could read his face, he was lying.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Me and JJ had finished dinner and we helped my mom clear away.

"That was lovely, thank you" he thanked my mom.

"No problem" she smiled.

"We're gonna go up to my room, if you need us call us down" I said to my mom dragging JJ up stairs.