chapter 38

"Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today." - Tim Fargo

{RECAP: Ethan and Vivian had their first date after coming back from the trip at Lycan's. Kal (Zack's best friend) tells Vivian that he wants to hold a pack celebration on Zack's birthday to honour him and she agrees}

38.

As planned, all the Alphas and their Betas gathered at the Academy the next morning to discuss what went down at the Lycans.

"But don't you think it is even more suspicious how they did absolutely nothing at all?"

"We don't know for sure, Tyler. It could either be a clever tactic or we could just be overthinking everything." Alpha Lennon answered back his son.

"Whatever it may be," Josh interjected, "I don't trust them one bit, especially considering their past history with our type."

Alpha Carlos straightened himself, "Did anyone else notice the tension between Alpha Braden and Randy?"

I nodded, "You weren't the only one; there is definitely something there. I asked him about it but he successfully managed to dismiss the subject."

"Um guys," Josh muttered, all eyes falling on him, "Didn't Braden say that he had a sister?"

We all nodded, confused as to where he was heading with that information.

"Considering the fact he is an Alpha, does that not mean she is also an Alpha-blooded female wolf... just like Vivian?"

Fuck.

How did we miss that?

Does that mean-

"Technically, she is not an Alpha blooded wolf," another voice interrupted our talks. Turning around, this time our gaze fell on Aiden. "She is Alpha Braden's second cousin. After losing her parents, Braden adopted her as his sister,"

"How do you know this?" Alpha Lennon inquired.

"I managed to befriend his Beta during the event. When Braden mentioned his sister, I was lucky enough to be standing next to him. I asked about her and he was more than happy to indulge me with the information."

"Good work, Aiden." I praised, and the others nodded in acknowledgement.

He smiled, a faint blush spreading on his cheek. The smile turned into a full blown grin when he noticed that Ethan had also nodded in praise.

"Is there any other issue that needs to be discussed?" Alpha Carlos questioned.

"There is," Alpha Lennon hesitated, his eyes connecting with Tyler's briefly, "My son found his mate."

"That's great news!"

Happy cheers and congratulations filled the room.

Alpha Lennon raised his hand to stop the commotion, "It is Leia."

The said cheers died down.

"Leia as in Randy's neice? Are you sure?"

"What sort of a question is that, Dad?" Josh rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, you're right. Uh - I am just shocked." He glanced at Tyler, "Did you both get a chance to talk? Does Randy know?"

"Well... that's the problem," Tyler scratched the back of his head, "She doesn't know about us. Apparently, Lycans recognize their mates through touch."