chapter 46

"Tears are the silent language of grief." - Voltaire

{A/N: just a little reminder, Eira is the name of the last female-blooded Alpha with an Alpha mate who was murdered)

46.

I decided to remain quiet, not indulging Randy with a response. I did not want to let out any piece of information that they weren’t aware of and could use to their advantage.

At this stage, I had no idea as to what they knew about me and Ethan, or how much. My best guess was that Braden ratted us out to Randy since he was the only one who knew about Ethan and I’s mating bond.

Or it could have been Elliot since he also held the same knowledge.

But even then, some questions remained unanswered: What was Josh doing here? Why did they kidnap him and not me? Was he some sort of bait to capture me? Why had Elliot sided with the Lycans? Why did Braden went back on his promise?

“Not long ago, a familiar, fiery, spirted woman was in the same place as you. Her name was Eira. I’m sure you must have heard about her,” He paused, waiting for me to answer but when he saw that I was just glaring at him venomously, he continued talking. “And now history repeats itself…” The golden circle in his eye glowed.

Elliot stood to his right with arms crossed, staring down at me with a smirk whereas Braden was standing to his left and was breathing heavily through his nose, his eyes empty and cold as usual, but his fists were clenched.

My heart hurt at the double betrayal but there was nothing left for me to do but swallow that hard pill.

Let’s put our energy and time on plotting revenge.

Randy leaned down, coming down to my eye-level. His glowing eyes travelled all over my face, lingering on my lips. “What a shame, another beauty will be lost just because of some stupid mate bond.”

“The only stupid thing is the shit coming out of your mouth, Randy.”

Somebody punched my face from the side. It hurt so fucking bad that I almost lost my vision for a second and was seeing stars. Pain spread through my body like hot fire, and I could already feel my face swelling. I blinked and lurched to the side as the room dipped and swayed.

I didn’t see a fist coming at me. Spitting out the blood in my mouth, I looked at the deliverer of my punch.

My eyes landed on the golden-pin, bald guy. He was smirking, it was evident that he was deriving pleasure from my pain.

Fucking sadist.

“Meet my right-hand man – James. Personally, I don’t like to stain my hands so I let him do everything for me.”

“Does his job entail wiping your ass too?”

There was another punch to my face and I almost hit my head on the floor. The pain shot up my body and I cringed. It exploded in my head with a blinding whiteness and made me dizzy.

The pain was so fucking intense that it felt like needles had been dipped into alcohol and were now being jammed through my skin. My ears were ringing and I was quite positive that now my nose was bleeding too.

Geez, this guy can pack a punch.

But this Alpha can take them too.

And there was no way I was going to show him that the pain from the punches hurt me so bad that it felt like electricity was being wired straight into my spine.

I can’t be weak.

I won’t let myself be weak.

“Or maybe you’re just a coward, Randy.” I began to laugh mockingly, the blood dripping down my chin. “Letting other do your work for you because you don’t have the balls to do it yourself.”