chapter 08

"Your love is like a giant pigeon, crapping on my heart." - Phoebe Buffay (F.R.I.E.N.D.S)

((note: wolves from the same pack can mind-link each other wherever they may be))

8.

"Congratulations to team 3! May the other teams and I know how you were victorious?" Alpha Lennon smiled in our direction.

Jordon was quick to respond, eager to tell everyone everything.

"We basically made Vivian the leader who divided us into two groups; sensors and defenders. Then Ron and Ashlee, mostly Ashlee, detected the shoe's scent and located it. Then Vivian decided it would be a good thing to dig our piece of leather to play as a bluff against the other teams so it would buy us time to run back to the training ground. That is how we won!" Jordon cheered. Ron patted his back and AlphaLennon gave our team an appreciative nod.

"Ashlee, may I know how you found the exact location of the shoe?" Alpha Lennon inquired.

"Why not, Alpha? So when I first sniffed the piece of leather, I obviously sensed a smell. Unlike others, I tried to take another good sniff of it. I recognised a human smell at first which was the strongest. But I knew it couldn't be a human since it was an 'item' we were looking for. So I sniffed it again from different sides and then I detected the scent of a shoe. When we were in the forest and had to choose a path between the two sides, most of my team members wanted to choose the other side which other teams also chose since the human scent was the strongest there. But I knew it was a distraction and I could also smell the scent of the shoe from the other path so I asked my team to trust me; which they did. And here we are!" Ashlee grinned.

Everyone was looking at her with mouths wide open; some in shock and some in admiration.

"I think I am in love....," somebody spoke from the other team and everybody started laughing. Ashlee blew that guy a flying kiss.

Wow, we have to give it to her. She is really smart.

"Good job, Ashlee! This is what I wanted to test.... was there anyone else who sensed the shoe?"

"Tyler found the spot where it was hidden," I spoke when I realized no one answered.

"Is it true?" Alpha Lennon faced his son, a proud look on his face.

He just simply nodded, a distraught look on his face.

Tyler was looking tense. Something was definitely wrong. He wasn't like this when he was with me.

"Good job, Tyler. You were slow at detecting but you did it nonetheless. Great job," Alpha Lennon acknowledged, "Alright, now I will just teach you some tips and tricks to enhance your skills, let's begin."

"Hey! Won't we get a prize?" Jordon protested whereas everyone laughed at his response.

Alpha Lennon snickered, "Your victory is your prize."

"Bo hoo. All this for nothing..." he mumbled under his breath.

The remaining Alphas left the training ground as soon as Alpha Carlos started teaching us the tips and tricks. The class ended after half an hour. I was walking back to my room when I was stopped by my dad.

He took me aside and we both sat down on a nearby bench.

"I thought you already left."

"No, the other Alphas and I were just discussing some other problems, nothing which should concern you. Anyway, shall we talk about your room issue and why you arrived late today and that too with Tyler?" he immediately skipped to the matter.